Dachau is a town in Upper Bavaria district of Bavaria, a state in the southern part of Germany. It is a major district town - a GroSe Kreisstadt - of the administrative region of Upper Bavaria, about 20 kilometres north-west of Munich. It is now a popular residential area for people working in Munich with roughly 45.000 inhabitants. The historic centre of town with its 18th-century castle is situated on an elevation and visible over a great distance.
Dachau was founded in the 9th century. It was home to many artists in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, a well-known author and editor Ludwig Toms have lived here for two years. The city is also known for its proximity to the infamous concentration camp Dachau was built in 1933 by the Nazis, in which tens of thousands of prisoners died.
- Dachau station German: Dachau Bahnhof is a station in the Bavarian town of Dachau on the Munich S - Bahn network. It is classified by Deutsche Bahn as
- The Dachau trials were held for all war criminals caught in the United States zones in occupied Germany and Austria, as well as for those individuals accused
- und Sportverein Dachau 1865 e.V., commonly known as TSV 1865 Dachau is a German sports club based in Dachau Bavaria. TSV 1865 Dachau is best known for
- During the Dachau liberation reprisals, German prisoners of war were killed by U.S. soldiers and concentration camp internees at the Dachau concentration
- The Dachau Altomunster railway, also called the Bummerl, Bockerl or Ludwig Thoma Railway, is a railway in the German state of Bavaria. It is part of the
- Dachau is a Landkreis district in Bavaria, Germany. It is bounded by from the south and clockwise the districts of Furstenfeldbruck, Aichach - Friedberg
- The Priest Barracks of Dachau Concentration in German Pfarrerblock, or Priesterblock incarcerated clergy who had opposed the Nazi regime of Adolf Hitler
- Below is the list of subcamps of the Dachau complex of Nazi concentration camps. Germany portal List of Nazi - German concentration camps List of subcamps
- Schwabhausen bei Dachau station is a railway station in the municipality of Schwabhausen, located in the district of Dachau in Upper Bavaria, Germany