ⓘ U.S. Route 58
U.S. Route 58 is an east–west U.S. Highway that runs for 508 miles from U.S. Route 25E just northwest of Harrogate, Tennessee, to U.S. Route 60 in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Until 1996, when the Cumberland Gap Tunnel opened, US 58 ran only inside the commonwealth of Virginia. It was then extended southwest along a short piece of former US 25E, which no longer enters Virginia, to end at the new alignment in Tennessee.
State route 383 MS 383 is overlaid on route 58 in Tennessee.
Route 58 is the longest numbered route in Virginia.
- Eighteen special routes of U S Route 58 currently exist in Virginia. In order from west to east they are as follows: U S Route 58 Business US 58 Bus. is a
- U S Route 58 Alternate US 58 Alt. is a 87.40 - mile - long 140.66 km alternate route to US 58 in western Virginia. The route is a northern bypass to
- U S Route 258 US 258 is a spur of US 58 in the U S states of North Carolina and Virginia. The U S Highway runs 220.15 miles 354.30 km from US 17
- U S Route 11 or U S Highway 11 US 11 is a major north south while physically generally northeast - southwest United States highway extending 1, 645 miles
- also a critical route that connects the cities of Winston - Salem and Reidsville with one another. US 158 is a parallel of U S Route 58 which runs generally
- U S Route 421 US 421 is a part of the U S Highway System that runs from Fort Fisher, North Carolina to Michigan City, Indiana. In Virginia, the U
- U S Route 13 US 13 is a north south U S highway established in 1926 that runs for 517 miles 832 km from Interstate 95 just north of Fayetteville
- State Route 58 SR 58 is a major east - west state highway in the U S state of California that runs across the Coast Ranges, the southern San Joaquin Valley
- U S Route 220 U S Route 411, 1926 to early 1930 s now part of U S Route 58 U S Route 411, mid - 1930 s to late 1970 s now U S Route 11E U S Route 511