★ BMW 7 Series (E65)
BMW E65-the fourth generation BMW 7-series full-size luxury sedans, and was produced from 2001 to 2008. Options ranges:
- Hydrogen-powered sedan code E68 models sold as the hydrogen 7.
- Sedan model code E65.
- Long-wheelbase sedan model code E66.
- Armored sedan model code E67, positioned as a high security 7 series.
On the E65 was the first BMW to enable the infotainment system iDrive, the new design language of the brand, active stabilizer bars, 6-speed automatic transmission, electronic smart key without the traditional metal key, and night vision. Model 760i also used the worlds first production V12 engines to use direct injection.
At the end of 2008, the E65 7 series was replaced by the F01 7 series V.
1. Development and launch. (Разработка и запуск)
Development for the BMW E65 7 was started in early 1996. In early 1997, Chris Bangle introduced the brief for BMWs Munich Studio of DesignworksUSA. After a competition among 20 designers, Adrian van Hooydonks design was approved in the spring of 1998. Production specifications were frozen in January 1999 and took 34 months from freeze to release to the market. The design was patented on 16 November 2000 and development ended in early 2001.
On the E65 was unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show in September 2001 and released in Europe in November 2001. The model run in the United States was the model 745i, which was released in January 2002, after long-wheelbase 745Li in March.
In order to produce the E65 7 series and other future models at the BMW plant in Dingolfing was converted at a price of about €500.000.000.
2.1. Design. Exterior design. (Внешний дизайн)
Under the leadership of Chris Bangle, chief designer at BMW at the time, BMW E65 7 heralded a new styling era for BMW.
BMW Board of Directors was willing to move the image of the company in the future and initial styling sketches from 1998 Adrian van Hooydonk was in the style of a fastback body - even more radical than the final production model. The controversial "flame surfacing" design contrasts strongly conservative line of his predecessor E38. Rear end styling was dubbed the "bangle butt" by critics due to the elongated rear trunk lid.
Overall the E65 series 7-45 mm 1.8 inches long, 38 mm 1.5 inches wider and 60 mm 2.4 inches higher than the E38. The wheelbase is 117.7 2.990 mm, the increase in 60 mm 2.4 in comparison with the previous model. Despite these increased dimensions, the E65 7 series is heavier than the E38 only 15 kg 33 lbs.
2.2. Design. Interior design. (Дизайн интерьера)
On E65 contains many deviations from the conventions of automotive interior design. BMW removed the traditional console mounted gear selector, replacing it with a steering column mounted stalk in favour of two Cup holders. Electronic brake controlled by buttons on the dashboard. Bodies of adjustment of the seat were displaced from their traditional place on the side of the base of the seat to the inside of the center console that has attracted some critical comments. Unlike most BMWs, since 1975, in fact E65s predecessor and successor, the dashboard Center is not angled towards the driver.
Compared to the previous model E38, E65 7 series has more shoulder room front and rear, and increased rear height.
3. The iDrive. (Время в iDrive)
On the E65 was the first BMW to use the infotainment system iDrive. The system was built on Windows CE for automotive platform, and the interface is primarily based around a Central regulator. Many functions, such as climate, navigation, heated seats, telephone, and vehicle parameters were included in a single system, allowing for centralized management. Early versions of the iDrive was criticized for complex menu structures and a steep learning curve.
The first generation system was based on the CD-ROM for map data. In March 2003, on the cards transferred to DVD format, was used by the faster processor and added below the controller Menu button and customize. In 2005, the highlighted keys have been added to change radio stations or skip tracks and the brightness of the screen was used for selecting 8.8" wide.
4. Equipment. (Оборудование)
On the E65 was the flagship model and the most technologically advanced car produced by BMW at the time.
The following features were first introduced on the E65:
- Optional automatic soft-closing system minimized the effort required to close the doors and the trunk lid and completely close them, if improperly closed.
- Directional headlights Adaptive headlights, which electronically adjust the beam horizontally turning and vertically based on the back adjust the load on the axle beam. In addition, the E65 was the first BMW with bi-xenon HID headlights.
- The first BMW with DVD GPS navigation system car.
- Active stabilizer bars, active roll stabilization to reduce body roll when cornering. It uses a hydraulic servo in the middle of the anti-roll bar to actively counteract body roll and reduce body roll without the traditional ride comfort.
- V8 models were the first to use the new engine BMW N62 V8 which was the worlds first engine to use a continuously variable length intake manifold. It was also BMWs first V8 engine to use variable valve lift Valvetronic valve replacement damper during normal operating conditions, for additional response, efficiency and power.
- Two fiber-optic networks: most bus media oriented system transport and "Byteflight" security of the bus. These buses operate on a 22.5 Mbps and 10Mbps, respectively. In addition, I-bus, K-bus and P-bus have been replaced To-body-controller area network. This increased speed from 9.6 Kbit / s to 100kbit / S.
- Adaptive cruise control ACC, however it was available in some markets on the previous generation 7-series E38.
- The worlds first car with electric Parking brake. It may automatically activate in stop-and-go traffic situations and when the ignition was off.
- The first 6-speed automatic transmission in the world of sedan.
5. Transfer. (Перевод)
- 6-speed ZF 6HP32 automatic 745d.
- 6-speed ZF 6HP26 automatic 730d / 735i / 740d / 740i / 745i / 750i / full / 760i.
- 6-speed automatic transmission ZF 6HP19 730i with.
6.1. Special models. Alpina B7. (Альпина Б7)
The Alpina B7 prototype was introduced to the public at the Geneva motor show 2003 in March and the production version was later presented at the 2003 Frankfurt motor show. Production began in February 2004 and was built at BMW plant Dingolfing along with the usual models E65.
The Alpina B7 uses a charged version of the 4.4-liter V8 found in the 745i, and was the first Alpina model with the supercharged engine.
Exterior changes include a rear spoiler and 21-inch traditional Alpina multi-spoke wheels style. Interior modifications include sport seats, dashboard Alpina, three spoke steering wheel with gearshift buttons, and a silver plated production plaque.
803 units were produced in North America, and were 311 cars produced for other countries.
6.2. Special models. Long-Wheelbase 7 Series E66. (Длиннобазный 7 Серии Е66)
On E66 long wheelbase models, under the brand name "Lee" was introduced in June 2002. Long wheel base model is 140 mm 5.5 inches longer, allowing for additional rear legroom. The initial long-wheelbase model was 735Li, 745Li and 760Li in 2003, 730Li, 730Ld, 740Li and the 750Li model has been added to the lineup in 2005.
6.3. Special models. High security BMW 7 series E67. (Повышенной безопасности BMW серии 7 Е67)
High security E67 7 series is a armored variant of the BMW 7 series. 760Li high security was presented at the Geneva motor show 2003, model high security 745Li released later in September 2003.
E65 high security model designed to withstand attack and meet the requirements of standard B7 of weapons. Security features include a removable multi-layer laminated glass, remote starting system, fire extinguishing system, the system of fresh air, and Protection of the body. High security models also feature tires with PAX system Michelin, which allows continuous driving 80 km / h 50 km / h about 50 km 31 mi, with a puncture.
BMW offers a redemption service high security model to 7, which are checked and then resold to potential customers around the world. Training course is offered for owners and drivers, and learn to control the car in case of emergencies.
6.4. Special models. The BMW hydrogen 7 E68. (Водород BMW 7 Е68)
In the BMW Hydrogen 7, a limited production hydrogen model. It uses a modified version of the engine 760Lis from 73 to V12, which produces 191 kW 256 HP. Claimed fuel consumption is 50 l / 100 km 4.7 mpg ‑US and hydrogen is stored in liquid form in insulated 170 l 45 US Gal tank. Was only 100 cars that have been leased to high profile clients, to promote use of hydrogen vehicles.
7.1. Model year changes. Two thousand three. (Две тысячи три)
- Use upgrade sync: adding menus and buttons customizable, the cards moved into the DVD format, as well as a faster processor.
- Model 760i & 760Li V12 was introduced.
7.2. Model year changes. Restyling 2005. (Рестайлинг 2005)
In March 2005, restyling E65 was introduced. In the United States, it was sold as the 2006 model.
Main changes are:
- The revised design of the front and rear body, headlights and taillights, including the removal of the light bar center, running on the trunk lid. BMW offered a "conversion kits" that can be purchased by the existing owners to apply these external changes pre-facelift model.
- 740i, 750i full, and 745d engines introduced in as a replacement.
- Adaptive cruise control upgraded to second ACC.
- Rear track width increased by 14 mm 0.55 V.
- Updates to iDrive including a simplified interface, crisp graphics, and the iDrive controller on the leather surface.
- And 730d 730i with the engines received minor performance and improve efficiency.
The pre-facelift styling
After the facelift styling
7.3. Model year changes. At the end of 2005. (В конце 2005 года)
In late 2005, BMW introduced BMW night vision, which uses passive infrared and processes far infrared radiation to minimize the need to give greater emphasis to pedestrians and animals. This allows at ranges of 300 meters 980 feet, and avoids "dazzle" from headlights, road lights and similar intense light sources.
At the same time introduced the automatic switching of distant light. This system detects oncoming light sources automatic switching of high beam lights in dark areas, and then lower the high-beam headlamps to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.
- The BMW 7 Series is a full - size luxury sedan produced by the German automaker BMW since 1977. It is the successor to the BMW E 3 New Six sedan and is
- 2001, the BMW E 38 was the third generation of the BMW 7 Series The flagship represented an attractive evolution in design language of the prior E 32 generation
- automobile manufacturer BMW. The car is based on BMW s traditional gasoline - powered BMW 7 Series E65 line of vehicles, and more specifically the 760Li
- BMW later cancelled plans for production in November 2008 because of financial reasons amidst a global economic crisis. Based on the 7 Series E65 platform
- controversial rear styling, first seen on the E65 7 Series was nicknamed Bangle Butt by critics. BMW described the styling philosophy as flame surfacing
- to 2008. Based on the BMW 7 Series E65 the B 7 was officially introduced to the public at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show. The B 7 was the first Alpina
- Automobiles www.alpina - automobiles.com. Retrieved 2 December 2018. BMW 7 Series E65 66: ALPINA Automobiles www.alpina - automobiles.com. Retrieved 2 December
- generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW E 90 sedan BMW E 91 wagon, marketed as Touring BMW E 92 coupe and BMW E 93 convertible compact
- The fifth generation of the BMW 7 Series consists of the BMW F01 sedan version and BMW F02 long - wheelbase sedan version full - size luxury sedans. The
- The BMW 3 Series is a compact executive car manufactured by the German automaker BMW since May 1975. It is the successor to the 02 Series and has been
- of the BMW 1 Series consists of the BMW E 81 3 - door hatchback version BMW E 82 coupe version BMW E 87 5 - door hatchback version and BMW E 88 convertible
- the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW E 60 sedan long wheelbase sedan version and BMW E 61 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The E 60
- The BMW 5 Series is an executive car manufactured by BMW since 1972. It is the successor to the New Class Sedans and is currently in its seventh generation
- The BMW 6 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW since 1976. It is the successor to the E 9 Coupe and is currently in its fourth generation
- controls. It was an early prototype of the series production iDrive, introduced in 2001 on the BMW 7 Series E65 The Z9 has only a starter button and light
- The BMW 8 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW The 8 Series was introduced in 1990 under the E 31 model code and was only available as a
- The BMW 1 Series is a range of subcompact executive cars C - segment manufactured by BMW since 2004. It is the successor to the BMW 3 Series Compact and
- The sixth generation of the BMW 7 Series consists of the BMW G11 sedan version and BMW G12 long - wheelbase sedan version full - size luxury sedans. The
- The BMW 4 Series is a range of coupe, convertible and fastback models manufactured by the German automaker BMW since 2013. It was unveiled at the North
- sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW F10 sedan version BMW F11 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F07 fastback version
- sixth generation of the BMW 3 Series consists of the BMW F30 sedan version BMW F31 wagon version, marketed as Touring and BMW F34 fastback version
- the BMW 3 Series compact sedans in 1975, the BMW 6 Series luxury coupes in 1976 and the BMW 7 Series large luxury sedans in 1978. The BMW M division
- The BMW 2 Series Active Tourer F45 model code is a five - seat compact MPVs produced by BMW since August 2014. The related BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer F46
- The BMW E 12 is the first generation of 5 Series executive cars, which was produced from 1972 to 1981 and replaced the saloon models of the BMW New Class
- replaced the E85 E86 Z4 and is the fourth model in the BMW Z Series The E 89 Z4 was the first Z Series model to use a retractable hardtop roof, which meant
- The first generation of the BMW 2 Series consists of the BMW F22 coupe version and BMW F23 convertible version subcompact executive cars. The F22 F23
- 2003. The 2001 E65 7 Series was BMW s first model to use a 6 - speed automatic transmission and the iDrive infotainment system. The E65 also attracted controversy
- The seventh generation of the BMW 5 Series consists of the BMW G30 sedan version and BMW G31 wagon version, marketed as Touring executive cars. The
- The BMW E 53 is the first - generation BMW X5 mid - sized luxury crossover SUV. It was produced from 1999 - 2006 and was replaced by the BMW E 70. The E 53 was
- BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high - performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high - performance cars. BMW M M for motorsport
Users also searched:
bmw e65 e66 difference, bmw e65 interior, bmw e65 problems, series, bmw, series bmw, bmw e, bmw series, difference, e bmw, e difference, series e, interior, problems, e series, serie, series bmw e, bmw e series, bmw e difference, e bmw series, bmw series e, bmw e interior, bmw serie e, bmws, bmw e problems, bmw e e difference, 7 series, bmw 7, bmw e65, bmw 7 series, 7 series bmw, e65 bmw 7, series e65,
7 Series E65 E66 2002 2008 Bimmerfest BMW Forums. Apr 17, 2017 BMW 7 Series E65 vs E38 Dynamic Drive Active Suspension & Comfort Parking Brake. Wheel Network. Loading Unsubscribe from The. ..
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →