Chalazion is a cyst in the eyelid due to a blocked oil gland. They are typically in the middle of the eyelid, red, and not painful. They tend to come on gradually over a few weeks.
Also, a chalazion can occur after a stye, or hardened oils blocking the gland. Blocked glands, usually the meibomian glands, but can also be the glands of Zeiss. Barley and cellulitis may appear. Barley, however, typically more sharp in the beginning, painfully, and occurs on the edge of the eyelid. Cellulite also usually painful.
Treatment starts with warm compresses. If this is not effective injection of steroids into the lesion to be treated. If large, incision and drainage may be recommended. While relatively common frequency of the disease is unknown. The term comes from the Greek "khalazion", which means "little hailstones".
- Chalazion is a genus of fungi in the family Pyronemataceae. Index Fungorum
- infection of the gland of Zeis. A chalazion on the other hand is a blocked oil gland without infection. A chalazion is typically in the middle of the
- but these are uncommon. Other related conditions on the eyelids include chalazion a granulomatous reaction to sebaceous glands on the eyelid lacrimal
- eyelashes, resulting in a painful lump on the edge of the eyelid or a chalazion a blockage bacteria infection in a small oil glands at the margin of
- Desmarres curved lid retractor Desmarres corneal dissector and Desmarres chalazion forceps His name is also associated with Desmarres dacryoliths defined
- ocular conditions such as: dry eyes pinkeye conjunctivitis stye or chalazion swollen eyelids blepharitis muscle spasms or pain For both muscle and
- Ascocalathium, Ascosparassis, Boubovia, Byssonectria, Boudierella, Chaetothiersia, Chalazion Cheilymenia, Cleistothelebolus, Dictyocoprotus, Eoaleurina, Galeoscypha
- career. However, in 1963, a doctor advised him to stop welding because of chalazion forming under his eyelids. Cardoza worked on over a dozen films, but is
- Doore, G. ed. Shaman s Path. Boulder: Shambala. Mehl, L.E. 1994 Chalazion Therapy. In Procedures in Family Practice. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders
- papilloedema H00 Hordeolum and chalazion H00.0 Hordeolum and other deep inflammation of eyelid H00.1 Chalazion H01 Other inflammation of eyelid
- isotretinoin. List of specialized glands within the human integumentary system Chalazion eye, human. Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate