Jaunsar-Bawar is a hilly region, 85 km from Mussoorie, in Chakrata tehsil, in Dehradun district.
Ethnically, Jaunsar-Bavar consists of two regions inhabited by two major groups: Jaunsar, in the lower half, while the snow top area is called Bavar, which includes the peak Kharamba 3.084 metres 10.118 ft). Geographically adjacent, they very different from each other. In the Bay lies in the upper areas. They are a unique community, because they remained cut off from the outside world for centuries, leading to the preservation of its unique culture and traditions that attracted historians, anthropologist and studies in ethnopharmacology in this area for over a century. There is a significant cultural shift with other people of Garhwal, living close by.
- and tribes, it is still practiced by some Paharis, especially in the Jaunsar - Bawar region in Northern India. Recent years have seen the rise in fraternal
- mangoes. Vikasnagar, along with Herbertpur, is the chief marketplace for Jaunsar Bawar Village Sakani khat Shilgaon Tehsil Kalsi Vikasnagar was formerly
- Jaunsar - Bawar became part of Garhwal. We can still experience Sirmaur language words in Jaunsari. And Garhwali surname in Jaunsar In 1829, Jaunsar - Bawar
- Lakhamandal is an ancient Hindu temple complex, situated in the Jaunsar - Bawar region of Dehradun district in the state of Uttarakhand. The temple is dedicated
- community found in Uttarakhand, northern India, more specifically in the Jaunsar - Bawar region of the western portion of the state in Garhwal Division. They
- provide necessary medical care to the nearby villages and hill people of Jaunsar Bawar and Himachal Pradesh. The Tehsil Campus and Civil Court of Vikasnagar
- Sirmauri spoken in Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh and in neighbouring Jaunsar - Bawar of Uttrakhand more or less share the same roots down to the Mahasu Mahasui
- it meets below Kalsi near Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Tons Valley lies in Jaunsar Bawar region, as it emerges from the Himalayas has haridwar on its eastern
- and Taxonomic Botany 34: 42 - 68. Kumar, S. 2012 Herbaceous flora of Jaunsar - Bawar Uttarakhand India: enumerations. Phytotaxonomy 12: 33 - 56. plant families c