ⓘ Interleukin 17
Interleukin 17A is a pro-inflammatory cytokine. This cytokine is produced by a group of T helper cell known as T helper 17 cell in response to their stimulation with IL-23. Originally, Th17 was identified in 1993 by Rouvier et al. who isolated IL17 transcript from a rodent T-cell hybridoma. The protein encoded by IL17A is a founding member of IL-17 family. IL17 protein exhibits a high homology with a viral IL-17-like protein encoded in the genome of T-lymphotropic rhadinovirus Herpesvirus saimiri. In rodents, IL-17 is often referred to as CTLA8.
Biologically active Il-17 interacts with type I cell surface receptor Il-17R. In turn, there are at least three variant Il-17R called IL17RA, IL17RB, and IL17RC. After binding to receptors, IL-17 activates several signaling cascades, which, in turn, lead to the induction of chemokines. To act as chemoattractant, these chemokines recruit immune cells such as monocytes and neutrophils to the site of inflammation. As a rule, the above mentioned signaling events that follow the invasion of the body pathogens. Promoting inflammation, IL-17 acts in concert with tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1. In addition, activation of the IL-17 signaling is often observed in the pathogenesis of various autoimmune disorders such as psoriasis.
- Interleukin - 17 receptor IL - 17 R is a cytokine receptor which belongs to new subfamily of receptors binding proinflammatory cytokine interleukin 17 A
- Interleukins ILs are a group of cytokines secreted proteins and signal molecules that were first seen to be expressed by white blood cells leukocytes
- Interleukin 17 receptor D is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL 17 RD gene. This gene encodes a membrane protein belonging to the interleukin - 17
- called Th 17 Interleukin - 17 receptor T helper 17 cell Moseley TA, Haudenschild DR, Rose L, Reddi AH April 2003 Interleukin - 17 family and IL - 17 receptors
- Interleukin 17 receptor A, also known as IL 17 RA and CDw217 cluster of differentiation w217 is a human gene. Interleukin 17 A IL 17 A is a proinflammatory
- Interleukin - 25 IL - 25 also known as interleukin - 17 E IL - 17 E is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL25 gene on chromosome 14. IL - 25 was
- Interleukin - 17 A is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL 17 A gene. The protein encoded by this gene is a proinflammatory cytokine produced by activated
- Interleukin 19 IL19 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL19 gene on the chromosome 1. The IL - 19 gene contains 7 exons and is found on chromosome
- Interleukin - 3 receptor Interleukin - 4 receptor Interleukin - 5 receptor Interleukin - 6 receptor Interleukin - 7 receptor Interleukin - 9 receptor Interleukin - 11 receptor
- Interleukin - 26 IL - 26 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL26 gene. IL - 26 is a 171 - amino acid protein, which is similar in amino acid sequence
- Interleukin 3 IL - 3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL3 gene localised on chromosome 5q31.1. Synonyms: colony - stimulating factor mast
- Pro - interleukin - 16 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL16 gene. This gene was discovered in 1982 at Boston University by Dr. David Center
- Interleukin 7 IL - 7 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL7 gene. IL - 7 is a hematopoietic growth factor secreted by stromal cells in the bone