ⓘ 2006 Minnesotas 5th congressional district election
Minnesotas 5th congressional district election, 2006 was an election for the United States House of Representatives for the open seat of incumbent Martin Olav Sabo, who retired after serving the Minneapolis-based district for 28 years.
Szabo, who rarely face serious electoral challenge, won reelection with 70% of the vote in 2004 in a district that went for John Kerry by 71% in the presidential election. Seat elected candidates of the Minnesota Democratic farmer-Labor party DFL since 1962 and was rated "Safe democratic" CQ politics.
A surprise announcement sabos in March 2006 prompted many Democrats to enter the race. While the state Republic Keith Ellison received the endorsement of the party, he was not backed by Sabo and faced a stiff primary competition from former Sabo aide Mike Erlandson, among others. Having survived the primary, Ellison handily defeated Republican Alan fine and independent Tammy Lee in the General election.
- The Minnesota s 6 th congressional district election 2006 was an election for the United States House of Representatives. The three major party candidates
- Minnesota s 8 th congressional district covers the northeastern part of Minnesota It is anchored by Duluth, the state s fifth - largest city. It also includes
- Minnesota s 5th congressional district is a geographically small urban and suburban congressional district in Minnesota It covers eastern Hennepin County
- ran unsuccessfully for Minnesota s 6 th congressional district seat in the United States House of Representatives in the election of November 7, 1972. Rick
- Minnesota s 1st congressional district extends across southern Minnesota from the border with South Dakota to the border with Wisconsin. The First District
- Massachusetts, 2006 2006 Michigan s 8 th congressional district election 2006 Minnesota s 5th congressional district election 2006 Minnesota s 6 th congressional district
- A special election for Massachusetts s 5th congressional district took place on December 10, 2013, due to the resignation of Democratic Congressman Ed
- Minnesota s 7 th congressional district covers almost all of the western side of Minnesota except for the far south, which is in the 1st district It is
- The 2006 congressional elections in Minnesota were held on November 7, 2006 to determine who would represent the state of Minnesota in the United States
- Rashida Tlaib, and Minnesota s 5th represented by Ilhan Omar This district has not elected a Republican since the 2000 election when it covered a completely
- Special elections for the 7 th and 15 th congressional districts in Pennsylvania were held on November 6, 2018, following the resignations of Republican U. S Representatives