ⓘ Kidney disease
Kidney disease, or renal disease, also known as nephropathy, is damage to or disease of a kidney. Nephritis is an inflammatory kidney disease and has several types according to the location of the inflammation. Inflammation can be diagnosed by blood tests. Nephrosis is non-inflammatory kidney disease. Nephritis and nephrosis can give rise to nephritic syndrome and nephrotic syndrome respectively. Kidney disease usually causes a loss of kidney function to some degree and can result in kidney failure, the complete loss of kidney function. Kidney failure is known as the end-stage of kidney disease, where dialysis or a kidney transplant is the only treatment option.
Chronic kidney disease leads to a gradual loss of kidney function over time. Acute kidney disease, now called acute kidney injury, and is characterized by a sharp decline in kidney function within seven days. About one in eight Americans in 2007 have chronic kidney disease.
- Polycystic kidney disease PKD or PCKD, also known as polycystic kidney syndrome is a genetic disorder in which the renal tubules become structurally
- Chronic kidney disease CKD is a type of kidney disease in which there is gradual loss of kidney function over a period of months to years. Initially
- Cystic kidney disease refers to a wide range of hereditary, developmental, and acquired conditions. With the inclusion of neoplasms with cystic changes
- cystic kidney disease MCKD is an autosomal dominant kidney disorder characterized by tubulointerstitial sclerosis leading to end - stage renal disease Because
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease ARPKD is the recessive form of polycystic kidney disease It is associated with a group of congenital
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease ADPKD is the most prevalent, potentially lethal, monogenic human disorder. It is associated with large interfamilial
- Kidney failure, also known as end - stage kidney disease is a medical condition in which the kidneys are functioning at less than 15 of normal. Kidney
- study of kidney function. Nephrology is the medical specialty which addresses diseases of kidney function: these include chronic kidney disease nephritic
- Chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorder CKD - MBD is one of the many complications associated with chronic kidney disease It represents a systemic