ⓘ William J. Devlin
William J. Devlin was an American Catholic priest and Jesuit. Born in New York City, he spent many of his early years in Europe, where he was educated at Stonyhurst College in England. He entered the Society of Jesus in Maryland in 1893, and studied at Woodstock College. He became a professor at Boston College in 1910, and eventually became the dean.
In 1919, he was appointed President of Boston College. His reign was characterized by great building campaign, which resulted in several buildings, including the hall of St Mary, and science building, which was later named Devlin hall. These projects were supported by ambitious campaign to raise funds. He also made the first proposal for what would become Boston business school colleges. His presidency came to an end in 1925, and he became rector of St. Of St. Andrew-on-Hudson, the Jesuit novitiate in new York. He left SV. Andrew-on-Hudson In 1933, and became rector of the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in Manhattan. Two years later, he became ill and eventually withdrew as a novice in Wernersville, Pennsylvania, where he died in 1938.
- William Devlin may refer to: William Devlin actor 1911 1987 Scottish actor William Devlin footballer, born 1893 English footballer Stockport County
- Patrick Arthur Devlin Baron Devlin PC, FBA 25 November 1905 9 August 1992 was a British judge and legal philosopher. The second - youngest English
- William R. Devlin born c. 1947 is an American politician in the state of North Dakota. He is a member of the North Dakota House of Representatives
- William Alexander Devlin 30 July 1899 1972 was a Scottish professional football centre forward, best remembered for his two spells in the Scottish
- Lieutenant General Peter John Devlin CMM, MSC, CD was a senior officer in the Canadian Army and is currently President of Fanshawe College. He served as
- Joseph Devlin 13 February 1871 18 January 1934 was an Irish journalist and influential nationalist politician. He was a Member of Parliament MP for
- Dumbarton: J J Robertson Printers. Litster, John. Record of Post - War Scottish League Players. Norwich: PM Publications. William Devlin Barry Hugman s
- O Devlin Irish: O Doibhilin is the surname of a Gaelic Irish family of the Ui Neill who were chiefs in the far northeastern of the present - day County
- Bernard Devlin QC December 15, 1824 February 7, 1880 was an Irish - born lawyer, counsel to the Abraham Lincoln administration of the United States
- William J Reinhart August 2, 1896 February 14, 1971 was an American college basketball, football, and baseball coach at the George Washington University
- Patrick Ryan Devlin born April 12, 1988 is a former American football quarterback. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in
- Laura Devlin born April 13, 1960 is an American politician who has served in the Connecticut House of Representatives from the 134th district since 2015