ⓘ Thomas I. Gasson
Thomas Ignatius Gasson was an American Catholic priest and Jesuit. Born in England, he emigrated to the United States at the age of 13, and was taken under the care of two Catholic women in Philadelphia, which led to his conversion to Catholicism soon thereafter. He entered the Society of Jesus in 1875, and studied theology at the University of Innsbruck in Austria, where he was ordained a priest. Upon his return to the United States, he became a professor at Boston College, before being named President of Boston College in 1907.
As President, he initiated the relocation of higher educational establishments on the South end of Boston to a new campus in chestnut hill, Massachusetts, which he bought. He oversaw the construction of the new campuss first building, the hall of poetry, which was later named Gasson hall. For this, he became known as the Boston College "the second founder". His term of office came to an end in 1914, and he moved first to Maryland and then to Georgetown University, where he served as Professor of sociology for nine years. He then briefly led to the Institute of Manresa on Staten island, prior to assignment at Loyola College in Montreal, where he died in 1930.
- Gothic architecture in North America. Gasson Hall is named after the 13th president of Boston College, Thomas I Gasson S.J., considered BC s second founder
- the Jesuit house of studies in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He was the Thomas I Gasson S.J. Professor at Boston College for the academic year 2018 - 2019 and
- it was separately incorporated. In 1907, newly installed President Thomas I Gasson S.J., determined that BC s cramped, urban quarters in Boston s South
- Anchor. ISBN 978 - 0 - 385 - 49532 - 5. Thomas Young 1773 1829 Andrew Gasson Retrieved 30 August 2017. Young, Thomas YN797T A Cambridge Alumni Database
- Joey Fisher Gracie Finlan Helen Flanagan Emma Frain Leah Francis Jodie Gasson Seren Gibson Emma Glover Alice Goodwin Imogen Gray Amy Green Amii Grove
- Medical Oncology. 31 1 774. doi: 10.1007 s12032 - 013 - 0774 - 6. PMID 24264600. Gasson JC March 1991 Molecular physiology of granulocyte - macrophage colony - stimulating
- Book: A Global History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978 - 0 - 19 - 967941 - 6. Gasson Andrew. Wilkie Collins Information Retrieved 2015 - 11 - 10. 66: 442 61
- was motivated to join the Society of Jesus, and he was accepted by Fr. Thomas J. Campbell, the superior of the Maryland - New York province of the Jesuits
- 2003 election, reverted to annual appointment of Lord Mayor. 2004: Jacqui Gasson the city s first Liberal Democrat Lord Mayor 2005: Freda Salway Liberal
- Purchase Munitions Department of Supply, Government of India. Lionel Bell Gasson Esq., Indian Police, Inspector - General of Police, Madras. Khan Bahadur