ⓘ Rochdale Infirmary

                                     

ⓘ Rochdale Infirmary

The infirmary was established as the Rochdale Infirmary and Dispensary by Clement Royds, a local banker, in South Parade in 1832. It moved to Lord Street a few months later.

A new purpose built hospital was opened after the donation of Thomas Watson, the owner of the local mill, and was opened by John bright in Whitehall street in 1883, it was expanded when the new building was opened by king George V in July 1913. The object is registered in the National health service, as Rochdale infirmary in 1948.

In June 2011 maternity and inpatient children was transferred to the Royal Oldham hospital.