ⓘ Phosphoglycerate kinase
Phosphoglycerate kinase is an enzyme that catalyzes the reversible transfer of a phosphate group from 1.3-bisphosphoglycerate to ADP producing 3-phosphoglycerate and ATP:1.3-bisphosphoglycerate + ADP ⇌ glycerate 3-phosphate + ATP
As with all kinase is a transferase. PGK is a major enzyme used in glycolysis, the first ATP-generating step of glycolysis. In gluconeogenesis, the reaction is catalyzed by PGK proceeds in the opposite direction, forming ADP and 1.3-BPG.
In humans, two isozymes of PGK have been so far identified, PGK1 and PGK2. Isoenzymes are 87-88% identical to the amino acid sequence identity, and although they are structurally and functionally similar, they have different localizations: PGK2, encoded by an autosomal gene, is unique to meiosis and postmeiotic spermatogenic cells, while PGK1, encoded in the X chromosome, is expressed ubiquitously in all cells.
- Phosphoglycerate kinase 1 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the PGK1 gene. Click on genes, proteins and metabolites below to link to respective
- Phosphoglycerate kinase 1, pseudogene 2 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the PGK1P2 gene. Human PubMed Reference: National Center for Biotechnology
- Glycerate 2 - kinase EC 22.214.171.124, D - glycerate - 2 - kinase glycerate kinase 2 - phosphoglycerate forming ATP: R - glycerate 2 - phosphotransferase is an enzyme
- GAPDH phosphoglycerate kinase PGK phosphoglycerate mutase PGM enolase 1 ENOA pyruvate kinase PK pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase isozyme
- catalyst. This role is performed by the enzyme phosphoglycerate kinase During the reaction phosphoglycerate kinase undergoes a substrate induced conformational
- glycolysis uses glyceraldehyde - 3 - phosphate dehydrogenase GAPDH and phosphoglycerate kinase to produce ATP. GAPDH is phosphorylating. GAPN is non - phosphorylating
- react with phosphoglycerate kinase to produce two 3 - phosphoglycerate which then reacts with phosphoglycerate mutase to get two 2 - phosphoglycerate The two
- Pasukan Gerakan Khas, a Malaysian police special operations unit Phosphoglycerate kinase an enzyme XM1156 Precision Guidance Kit, a U.S. Army program to
- nucleoside - phosphate kinases and nucleoside - diphosphate kinases Other small molecules that are substrates of kinases include creatine, phosphoglycerate riboflavin
- This enzyme had been thought to produce 3 - phosphoglycerate but some glycerate kinases produce 2 - phosphoglycerate instead. As of late 2007, 3 structures
- Genes apparently regulated by PGK RNAs include those encoding phosphoglycerate kinase and acetylglucosaminyltransferase of unknown substrate specificity