ⓘ Hunterston Castle

                                     

ⓘ Hunterston Castle

Hunterston Castle, West Kilbride, North Ayrshire, Scotland is the historic home of the lairds of Clan Hunter. The keep dates from the late 15th, or early 16th centuries, while the attached manor house is of the 17th century. The estate was granted to the Hunters by David I of Scotland in the 12th century, and the heads of the clan have lived on the estate for the following 900 years. The castle is a Category A listed building.

                                     
  • The Peel Group. It lies south of Fairlie, adjacent to Hunterston estate, site of Hunterston Castle and its jetty projects out approximately 1 mile 1.6 km
  • of their stock The seat of the chief of Clan Hunter has been at Hunterston Castle for over 800 years. Scottish clan Barony of Ladyland Barnweill Church
  • drowned in a pit. The Castle Knowe lies within the ancient Barony of Hunterston with its caput at the nearby Hunterston Castle In 1816 the landowner
  • Law Castle Listed Building Report Historic Scotland. Sundial, Kirktonhall: Listed Building Report Historic Scotland. Hunterston Castle Listed
  • has somewhat changed the character of the village. Hunterston B nuclear power station, Hunterston deep sea shipping terminal and a NATO base have been
  • designs and features. A good representative of this sort of work is Hunterston Castle in Ayrshire 1912 The First World War restricted the demand for
  • common on the main island of Little Cumbrae at the time. The Hunters of Hunterston were for centuries the Hereditary Foresters of the island and King s lands
  • of Hunterston Castle In 1969 the Lyon Court officially recognised Neil Kennedy - Cochran - Patrick b. 1926 in the name of the Hunter of Hunterston as being
  • Scotland - Hunterston Brooch Retrieved 1 September 2007. Law Castle official website Retrieved 17 August 2007. Friends of Portencross Castle Archived
  • industrial and military developments along the shoreline, including Hunterston and Hunterston deepwater terminal, while at the same time shipbuilding has declined
  • west of Seamill and about 2 km south of Hunterston B nuclear power station, it is noted for Portencross Castle It has two harbours and a pier. The Old