ⓘ HMS Tormentor

                                     

ⓘ HMS Tormentor

Following the outbreak of World War II, the Royal Navy requisitioned part of the grounds and buildings located on the shore of the River Hamble. In July 1940 a combined operations base named HMS Tormentor was commissioned, occupying the old Coast Guard House and RAF wireless station at Warsash. The purpose of the base was the training of landing craft crews and British Commandos.