Dorymolpus is a genus of leaf beetles in the subfamily Spilopyrinae. It contains only one species, Dorymolpus elizabethae. It is found only in Chile, in the Valdivian temperate rain forest of the Valdivia and Chiloe provinces. The generic name is derived from the Greek Dory "spear" and molpus, short for "Eumolpinae". The species is dedicated to Dr. Elizabeth arias, an entomologist at the University of California, Berkeley, who collected specimens of the species. Adults and larvae were found on trees in the genus Nothofagus.
Glyptosceloides is a genus of leaf beetles in the subfamily Eumolpinae, found in the Coquimbo Region of Chile. It contains only one species, Glyptosceloides dentatus. The generic name comes from the genus Glyptoscelis, referring to how Glyptosceloides dentatus resembles Glyptoscelis pulvinosus. The specific name refers to the broad tooth present on the profemora. The males have enlarged mandibles and a larger head.
Mepraia parapatrica Frias, 2010. Mepraia gajardoi Frias, Henry & Gonzalez, 1998. Mepraia spinolai Porter, 1934. Mepraia eratyrusiformis Del Ponte, 1929.
Thestral is a genus of shield bug found in central Chile. As of 2018, it is monospecific, just consisting its type species T. incognitus. The genus is named in honor of pestreli, fictional horse-like creature from J. K. Rawlings series "Harry Potter". The middle animal has a skeleton body and not to be seen the most people Faundez and rider chose such a name for the kind of bugs coloring cat and a shortage of samples.
ⓘ Arthropods of Chile
- occur predominantly in high elevation, semi - desert regions of Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. Individuals are relatively large for goblin spiders, measuring
- Diptera of Patagonia and South Chile is a series of books produced by the British Museum Natural History now called the Natural History Museum The
- diet varies in different parts of its range and at different times of year. It consists mainly of mammals, birds, arthropods bird eggs, reptiles, fruit
- is a genus of leaf beetles in the subfamily Spilopyrinae. It contains only one species, Dorymolpus elizabethae. It is found only in Chile in the Valdivian
- Glyptosceloides is a genus of leaf beetles in the subfamily Eumolpinae, found in the Coquimbo Region of Chile It contains only one species, Glyptosceloides
- Arrhynchus is a genus of small - headed flies in the family Acroceridae. It has sometimes been placed as a synonym of Ocnaea. It is endemic to Chile Arrhynchus maculatus
- Archipialea is a genus of small - headed flies in the family Acroceridae. It is endemic to Chile Archipialea chilensis Schlinger, 1973 Archipialea irwini
- traditional four legs Hexapoda, a subphylum of arthropods including the insects Hexapodidae, a family of crabs Hexapod robotics a mechanical vehicle
- This list of fictional arthropods is subsidiary to the list of fictional animals. It is restricted to notable insect, arachnid and crustacean characters