ⓘ Macclesfield District General Hospital

                                     

ⓘ Macclesfield District General Hospital

The hospital has its origins in the Macclesfield Workhouse and Hospital which opened at West Park in 1844. A fever hospital was completed in 1854 and a new hospital block was completed in 1881. It became West Park Hospital in 1930 and joined the National Health Service as Macclesfield Hospital, West Park Branch in 1948.

Meanwhile, Macclesfield infirmary, which was built on Cumberland street in 1868, has evolved to join the National health service as hospital Macclesfield, infirmary branch in 1948. The infirmary branch moved to Prestbury road in 1980.

The work of the hospital was very inefficient, as the clinical operations were separated between West branch and Park branch of the infirmary. Accordingly, the hospital was re-built as a General Macclesfield district hospital in Western Park in the early 1980-ies.

Resistance and transformation plan in Merseyside and Cheshire has proposed to downgrade the emergency Department at Macclesfield district hospital with minor injuries and illness unit, but within two weeks after extensive opposition, it was changed to read " a clear opinion that the best model will include a& e office in Macclesfield staffed by physicians hospitals and clinicians.”

                                     
  • Hospital Knutsford and District Community Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital in Cheshire, England. It provides both acute hospital
  • Liverpool Women s Hospital Liverpool Lytham Hospital Lytham Macclesfield District General Hospital Macclesfield Manchester Royal Eye Hospital Manchester
  • England, retrieved 14 February 2014 Historic England, Macclesfield District General Hospital 1206946 National Heritage List for England, retrieved
  • He was elected at the 1868 general election as one of the two Members of Parliament MPs for the borough of Macclesfield where he was re - elected in
  • also served by Leighton Hospital in Crewe, Macclesfield District General Hospital and the University Hospital of North Staffordshire in Stoke - on - Trent.
  • years prior to her election. She began her nurse training in 1960 at the Macclesfield Infirmary and West Park Branch. She went on to work at the North Staffordshire
  • and civil parish in Cheshire, England, about 1.5 miles 3 km north of Macclesfield At the 2001 census, it had a population of 3, 324, increasing slightly
  • Great Warford was part of Macclesfield Rural District From 1974 the civil parish was served by the Borough of Macclesfield which was succeeded on 1
  • 19 routes: 19: Macclesfield to Prestbury 27: Macclesfield to Chelford via Knutsford 42: Buxton to Ashbourne 58: Buxton to Macclesfield 60: Buxton to Disley
  • 1974 had an Area health authorities, divided into six districts Chester, Crewe, Halton, Macclesfield Warrington and Wirral. The Area Health Authorities
  • medicine in England. In 1979, while completing training in surgery in Macclesfield Cheshire, England, he joined the LDS Church. After his return to Ghana