ⓘ District Council of Burra

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Burra

The District Council of Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1935.

The Council was proclaimed on 28 September 1872, including all the cadastral hundred Kooringa and the southern part of the hundred of Kingston. It was divided into four offices since its creation: Kooringa ward two councillors, North ward Redruth South ward and one adviser each. The proclamation appointed the first councillors: John Dunstan North, Isaac Killicoat Redruth, John drew and Henry Dawson Kooringa and Alexander McCulloch South. The first meeting took place on 9 December in the office of C. drew & Co., and from December 1873 until its abolition, the Council met in offices at the Institute of Burra.

It was only four years old when the corporate town of Burra was established in 1876, severing the main city from the Council. 24 Aug 1876, in the district and electoral boundaries were adjusted, with the Council having three branches: Redruth and South wards, two councillors and Kooringa ward one Councilman. It has undergone changes in accordance with the Law on district councils 1887, which added hundreds of Baldina and king from January 5, 1888. He kept wards 1888, Kooringa third house of councillors, Baldina ward two councillors and two advisors of king ward, to the end of its existence.

It ceased to exist on 21 March 1935, when it was merged with the district Council Hanson, district Council of mount Bryan and part of the abolished district Council of Booborowie in the form of the district Council of Burra after the local government Commission report aimed at reducing the number of municipalities in the state.

                                     
  • The District Council of Burra Burra was a local government area in South Australia from 1935 to 1997. It was proclaimed on 21 March 1935, with effect
  • necessary petition of residents in the townships of Aberdeen, Kooringa and Redruth, severing the area from the new District Council of Burra It was divided
  • 1872 1935 District Council of Burra Burra 1935 1997 Corporate Town of Burra 1876 1969 Burra Shetland, the collective name for two of the Shetland
  • The Story of the Monster Mine The Burra Burra Mine and its Townships 1845 - 1877. Burra South Australia: District Council of Burra Burra Blainey, Geoffrey
  • with the District Council of Burra Burra the District Council of Eudunda and the District Council of Hallett to form the Regional Council of Goyder. Johannes
  • Council of Terowie, and amalgamating the remaining portions of the Booborowie council with the District Council of Burra the District Council of Hanson
  • detached from the District Council of Burra It gained the Hundred of Mongolata and the Hundred of Rees under the District Councils Act 1887. In 1896
  • with the District Council of Burra Burra the District Council of Hallett and the District Council of Robertstown to form the Regional Council of Goyder
  • District Council of Burra the District Council of Mount Bryan, and part of the District Council of Booborowie to form the District Council of Burra Burra
  • The Burra and Clare was an electoral district of the House of Assembly in the Australian state of South Australia from 1857 to 1862. The Burra and Clare