ⓘ District Council of Hanson

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Hanson

The District Council of Hanson was a local government area in South Australia from 1878 to 1935.

The Council was announced on August 8, 1872, including all the cadastral hundred Hanson. Its Foundation was controversial: it was reported, was supported by 40 farmers from 13.000 acres, opposed by 48 farmers representing "about the same amount of land," except for the two largest landowners, representing 33.000 acres. Opponents of the Council claim that the supporters were mostly in the city government, now Hanson Farrell flat, and that the majority of the proposed district do not share common interests with the city. However, those who supported the Council was successful when the government decided to "extend the benefits of self-governance" and recommended its proclamation. Further controversy later this year when the government appointed the opponent as an Advisor to replace the advocate who was disqualified.

The Council was divided into five wards in November, 1873: East ward, GUM Creek ward Hanson, ward, West ward and North East ward. GUM Creek ward and West ward were United in the middle parish in 1879, while in the North-Eastern ward became the North ward during the 1870s and was later cancelled.

The tender for the Council for the new Council was adopted in 1874 in "Torreston" Department at what is now Farrell flat. This first chamber was released in 1878 and delivered to the Department of education for training purposes, while the Council chose a site for the new camera and construction began later that year. In 1923 the Council was meeting "for convenience" in Kooringa in Berra.

In 1923, he was described as "a small agricultural area" area 77.440 acres, capital value of the property, estimated to be £329.940. It had a population of 641 people living in 148 houses, according to the census of 1921.

Hanson, the Council ceased to exist on 21 March 1935, when it was merged with the district Council of Burra, district Council of mount Bryan, and part of the district Council of Booborowie in the form of the district Council of Burra-Burra, after the local government Commission report aimed at reducing the number of municipalities in the state.

                                     
  • remainder of its existence. It ceased to exist on 21 March 1935, when it merged with the District Council of Hanson the District Council of Mount Bryan
  • result of the amalgamation of the District Council of Burra, District Council of Hanson the District Council of Mount Bryan and a substantial portion of the
  • council merged with the District Council of Burra, the District Council of Hanson and most of the District Council of Booborowie to form the District
  • Council of Terowie, and amalgamating the remaining portions of the Booborowie council with the District Council of Burra, the District Council of Hanson and
  • electoral district of Whitehorse Centre in the Yukon Legislative Assembly. On November 22, 2018, Hanson announced her intent to resign as Leader of the Yukon
  • Sir Richard Davies Hanson 6 December 1805 4 March 1876 was the fourth Premier of South Australia, from 30 September 1857 until 8 May 1860, and was
  • provisions of the District Councils Act 1887. It comprised the hundreds of Arkaba in the County of Hanson Barndioota and Wonoka in the County of Blachford
  • Richard Burpee Hanson PC, KC March 20, 1879 July 14, 1948 was a Canadian politician who served as interim leader of the Conservative Party from May
  • since 2016. Hanson ran a fish and chip shop before entering politics as a member of Ipswich City Council in 1994. She joined the Liberal Party of Australia
  • County of Hanson is a cadastral unit located in the Australian state of South Australia that covers land in the Flinders Ranges immediately east of the town
  • was founded in 1997, by member of parliament Pauline Hanson and her advisors David Ettridge and David Oldfield after Hanson was disendorsed as a federal