ⓘ District Council of Terowie

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Terowie

The District Council of Terowie was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1935, centring on the town of Terowie.

It was established by the district councils act of 1887, which came into force on 5 January 1888. The establishment of the Council and advocacy of residents for the establishment of local government in Terowie in 1887. The Council includes cadastre hundred of Ketchowla, Terowie and want to create it. The Council has rented offices in the building of the Terowie Institute from 1888 to 1890 before purchasing the Anglican Church, where the congregation grew, the temple was used as Council chambers until the end of existence of the Council. It was part of the hundred of Vit in 1899, the result of which will increase from three to four numbered wards. Tips for public works included repairs throughout the County and kerbing, footpaths, stormwater, and planting trees in the village of Terowie, with more limited runs in Yarcowie.

In 1923, the Council is responsible for an area of 475 square miles, with a population of 1.300, living in 300 houses. The capital value of the property assessed for a reported £406.619. This year, the only other "settlement value" in addition to reported Terowie Yarcowie. The Council ceased to exist from may 1, 1935, when it was merged in the neighbouring district Council of Hallett after the local government Commission report to reduce the number of municipalities in the state. Complex mergers saw it almost simultaneously to part of the abolished district Council of Booborowie and then, on the new boundaries, to merge with the Hallett Council. The merger was vehemently opposed to Council Terowie.

                                     
  • a closed railway station District Council of Terowie a former local government area in South Australia Hundred of Terowie a cadastral unit in South
  • first applied to Terowie Creek. It was here the Douglas Macarthur first used the term I shall return The District Council of Terowie was established
  • Council of Terowie and amalgamating the remaining portions of the Booborowie council with the District Council of Burra, the District Council of Hanson
  • neighbouring District Council of Terowie on 1 May 1935. On 21 May 1935, it gained a portion of the Anne and Ayers wards of the abolished District Council of Booborowie
  • Retrieved 19 March 2016 via National Library of Australia. Yongala District Council The Terowie Enterprise. II 96 South Australia. 18 June 1886
  • 137 mi north of the state capital of Adelaide. It is located in the Regional Council of Goyder. Terowie retains a number of authentic and well preserved 1880s
  • District Council of Peterborough since 1 May 1935. The hundreds of Terowie Wonna and Ketchowla formed the land area gazetted as the District Council of Terowie
  • Local Government Association of South Australia. p. 41. Retrieved 30 October 2015. COGLIN DISTRICT COUNCIL The Terowie Enterprise. V 186 South Australia
  • one of the company s properties, Mallett, near Terowie for himself. He was a District Council of Terowie councillor for eleven years. In 1919, he moved
  • on the District Council of Terowie before being elected to the Legislative Council by the electors of the North - East later Midland district for the
  • Retrieved 27 March 2016 via National Library of Australia. BELALIE DISTRICT COUNCIL The Terowie Enterprise. V 283 South Australia. 9 May 1890
  • Robertstown, Rocky Plain, Sutherlands, Terowie Ulooloo, Whyte Yarcowie, Willalo, Wonna and Worlds End, and part of Brownlow, Canowie Belt, Dutton, Farrell