ⓘ Duddeston Barracks

                                     

ⓘ Duddeston Barracks

The barracks were commissioned as part of the response to the Priestley Riots, they were designed by John Rawsthorne and completed in 1793. Although intended for cavalry regiments, they were used by the Royal Horse Artillery from 1878 and became the home of 1st South Midland Field Ambulance during the First World War. The barracks were demolished in 1932 and the site is now occupied by the maisonettes of the Ashcroft Estate.

                                     
  • Duddeston is an inner - city area of the Nechells ward of central Birmingham, England. It was part of the Birmingham Duddeston constituency until that ceased
  • near to the city s Eastside district, and forms the western extremity of Duddeston It is within the boundaries of Nechells Green, and provides mainly estate
  • headquarters at Corporation Street by the Duke of Kent. 1936 The Duddeston Barracks are demolished by the Birmingham Corporation for the construction
  • flight the rioters in Snow Hill on 29 May 1810 is not very clear. Duddeston Barracks were built in 1793, at a cost of 13, 000, as a consequence of the
  • in June 2015 and renamed Gam Gurung Bridge after a local councillor. Duddeston Viaduct, a railway viaduct in Birmingham commonly known as the Viaduct