Neuamt was a bailiwick of the Zurichgau, a subject territory of Zurich within the Old Swiss Confederacy, from 1442 to 1798.
The island was separated from the County of Kyburg as the last was given by the Emperor Frederick III, to secure its support in the old Zurich war. Territories of Kyburg left Bank of the river Glatt remained in Zurich, and was not again attached to Kyburg, when the area was purchased from Habsburg ten years later. The bailiwick there were two Reeves Obervogte living in Zurich.
The former estates are now part of the zürcher Unterland of the Canton of Zurich, forming a strip of land West of the river Glatt with a width of three to ten kilometers, including the territory now in municipalities: Weiach, main tower, Neerach, Hochfelden, Hori, Niederglatt, Niederhasli, Regensdorf Adlikon. Ennethori settlement East Glatt attached to Neuamt in 1667 / 89.