ⓘ District Council of Apoinga

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Apoinga

The District Council of Apoinga was a local government area in South Australia from 1873 to 1932.

Council was proclaimed on 6 Nov 1873. He opened the chambers of the Council into the abyss Logan on September 23, 1876, at a cost of £78 / 10-. The main activity of the Council in the first years of its existence was "construction and repair of roads, and depasturing sheep and cattle on reserves", with a control rabbit is also important. The Council became responsible for the cemetery Apoinga in February 1880. Hes got hundreds of Bundey and bright, in accordance with the Law on district councils 1887, and was divided may 1888 in three branches: the Apoinga three advisors, and bright and Bundey two advisors, each.

It merged with the district Council English district Council of Robertstown on may 16, 1932, one of several municipalities of the Association upon submission by the local government Commission. He was strongly against the whole Council of Apoinga, who tried to protest as the responsible Minister and the Commission. Apoinga three wards were transferred to the new Council, and former Chairman of Apoinga, A. Y. Henry, became Chairman of the new Council.

State library of South Australia holds a photograph of Apoinga building Council since 1978, partially destroyed. A sign at the community centre Robertstown said the oversubscription of the Council of Apoinga in the credit of the Commonwealth of the world after the First world war.

                                     
  • Apoinga is a rural locality in the Mid North region of South Australia, situated in the Regional Council of Goyder. The area was originally the territory
  • amalgamation of the District Council of Apoinga and the District Council of English. In 1936, it was reported to cover 550 square miles, with a population of 2, 100
  • District Council of Apoinga to form the District Council of Robertstown on 5 May 1932, becoming the English and Point Pass wards of the new council
  • It occupies the north - western corner of the cadastral Hundred of Apoinga The area was originally the territory of the Ngadjuri people. It was named after
  • Council of Port Wakefield gained the Hundred of Cameron. The District Council of English gained the Hundred of Bower. The District Council of Apoinga gained
  • The Hundred of English is a cadastral unit of hundred containing all or part of the localities of Brady Creek also in Hundred of Apoinga Robertstown
  • cadastral Hundreds of Apoinga and English. The area was originally the territory of the Ngadjuri people. Much of the area was part of Anlaby Station after
  • government town of Burra. The following thirteen hundreds were proclaimed within the County between the years 1851 and 1881 - Apoinga in 1851, Baldina
  • District Council of Bute was a local government area in South Australia from 1885 to 1997. It was proclaimed on 16 July 1885 as the District Council of
  • The District Council of Wilmington was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Wilmington from 1888 to 1980. The council was
  • The District Council of Booyoolie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 2 March 1876 and comprised the entire cadastral