ⓘ District Council of Pirie

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Pirie

The District Council of Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1892 to 1996. It surrounded, but did not include, the city of Port Pirie, which had its own municipal government as the City of Port Pirie.

The district Council was proclaimed on June 16, 1892, when part of the hundred of Pirie are not included in the corporate city, Port Pirie, hundred Wandearah and the Northern part of the hundred of Napperby and Howe was excluded from the district Council of Crystal brook and formed in your municipality. The Council decided to buy the land for meetings on the David street, port Pirie at its second meeting, in August, from 25 feet to 17 feet of wood and iron opened in October of this year. The Council was divided into three chambers in 1897 Pirie, Wandearah and Napperby, each of which is elected by two advisers. It was only two employees in the first fifty years: Edwin Davis Ebenezer 1928 until his death, after a rule Glasson Edwin.

The first boundaries in a similar way was described in 1936, when the Council was reported to control a total area of 248.000 acres. This year it had a population of 2.100 with 616 taxpayers, elected councillors of the three wards. In February 1936 in the office of the Board replacement was built at a cost of £400 after the first separation, it was reported that "nearly collapsed." It was reported on the boards of the Golden jubilee in 1942, he spent £150.000 on main roads during its history.

The Council ceased to exist in July of 1996, when he entered the city of port Pirie. The United municipality was subsequently merged with the district Council of crystal brook-Redhill in the form of port Pirie regional Council in March 1997.

                                     
  • City of Port Pirie The City of Port Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1997, centred on the city of Port Pirie It was proclaimed
  • amalgamation of the District Council of Pirie into the City of Port Pirie in July 1996, and that council s subsequent amalgamation with the District Council of Crystal
  • Brook council Corporate Town of Port Pirie lay north west until the District Council of Pirie was established between it and Crystal Brook council in 1892
  • Port Pirie is a city and seaport on the east coast of the Spencer Gulf in South Australia, 223 km 139 mi north of the state capital, Adelaide. The settlement
  • west until the Hundred of Wandearah was annexed by the District Council of Pirie in 1892, after which time the latter council became the north west neighbour
  • Retrieved 13 November 2015 via National Library of Australia. Port Germein District Council Port Pirie Recorder and North Western Mail. SA. 28 September
  • 17 March 1997, when it amalgamated with the City of Port Pirie to form the Port Pirie Regional Council Former state MP Ivan Venning was a Crystal Brook - Redhill
  • Broughton council District Council of Crystal Brook lay north until the Hundred of Wandearah was annexed by the District Council of Pirie in 1892, after
  • Electoral district of Port Pirie a former state electoral district Port Pirie Regional Council a local government area in South Australia Port Pirie Post
  • The electoral districts of Pirie and Port Pirie have also historically existed. The first incarnation of Frome was, like the rest of the state, independent - held
  • Wudinna District Council is a rural local government area on central Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. Its seat is Wudinna, on the Eyre Highway, 580 kilometres