ⓘ Corporate Town of Gladstone

                                     

ⓘ Corporate Town of Gladstone

The Corporate Town of Gladstone was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Gladstone. It was proclaimed on 8 March 1883, separating the township from the surrounding District Council of Gladstone. It was divided into three wards at its inception, each represented by two councillors. In 1923, it covered an area of 2.243 acres, with a capital value of £137.740. In 1924, it transferred ownership of the Town Hall and the Soldiers Memorial to the Gladstone Institute. It ceased to exist on 15 May 1933 when it merged back into the District Council. It was expressed at the time that there was local regret at the loss of the distinct town council, but that a decline in rates and reductions in state government expenditure had made it a necessity.

                                     
  • three wards Gladstone Eastern and Western each electing two councillors. The town of Gladstone separated as the Corporate Town of Gladstone on 8 March
  • would have seen the Corporate Town of Laura, District Council of Gladstone Corporate Town of Gladstone and District Council of Caltowie merge into a
  • suggested that the Corporate Town of Laura, the District Council of Gladstone the Corporate Town of Gladstone and part of the District Council of Caltowie should
  • The Corporate Town of Peterborough was a local government area in South Australia centred on the town of Peterborough. It came into existence on 7 October
  • Parsons Stores in 1912. In local government, Parsons was mayor of the Corporate Town of Gladstone from 1914 to 1916. He attempted to enlist for World War I
  • Corporate Town of Moonta The Corporate Town of Moonta was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1984, centred on the town of Moonta.
  • The Corporate Town of Wallaroo was a local government area in South Australia from 1874 to 1997, centred on the town of Wallaroo. The municipality was
  • Corporate Town of Kadina The Corporate Town of Kadina was a local government area in South Australia from 1872 to 1977, based in the town of Kadina. The
  • Council of Woodville, distinguishing it from the Corporate Town of Hindmarsh for more than a century until the two bodies were merged again as the City of Hindmarsh
  • The Corporate Town of St Peters was a local government area in South Australia from 1883 to 1997. It was proclaimed on 2 August 1883, when the area was