ⓘ District Council of Georgetown

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Georgetown

It was proclaimed on 2 March 1876 as the District Council of George Town, encompassing the cadastral Hundred of Bundaleer. The District Councils Act 1887 expanded the council in two directions by amalgamating the District Council of Narridy incorporating the Hundred of Narridy to the west and annexing the Hundred of Yackamoorundie to the south. All three hundreds had been proclaimed in 1869 following the passage of the Strangways Land Act opening those lands up for closer settlement. It was subdivided into three wards later in 1888 Georgetown, Narridy and Yacka. A redistribution of the ward system in 1921 created a fourth ward Gulnare.

By 1936, the Council controlled area of 260 square kilometers, including that the Civil entry described as "one of the best grain growing areas in South Australia". He was responsible for 360 miles of roads in the district this year, including 32 km from the main road. He also adopted schemes of improvement in Georgetown and Yacka, including the plantation of eucalyptus. Was built in 1958 a new Council, replacing earlier buildings, followed by construction of the depot of the Board in 1968. The Council is also involved in the provision of new public buildings in Georgetown and Gulnare, and a number of recreation facilities in Georgetown, Gulnare and Yacka.

Georgetown, has declined in value throughout the twentieth century, and the Council ceased to exist in 1988 when it merged with the regional Council and Gladstone regional Council Laura in the short-lived district Council of rocky river.

Long-term state Deputy John Lyons has been Chairman of the Board for 25 years.

                                     
  • Georgetown is a town in the Mid North region of South Australia. The town is in the Northern Areas Council 196 kilometres 122 mi north of the state
  • the District Council of Georgetown joining the merger. The new council had twelve members, representing the seven wards of the two former councils Town
  • The Council of the District of Columbia is the legislative branch of the local government of the District of Columbia, in the United States. As permitted
  • Province of Maryland, the port of Georgetown predated the establishment of the federal district and the City of Washington by 40 years. Georgetown remained
  • 1888 after being amalgamated with the adjacent District Council of Georgetown by the District Councils Act 1887. Its abolition was followed by angry local
  • Georgetown is a city in and the county seat of Williamson County, Texas, United States, with a population of 47, 400 at the 2010 census and a population
  • Town Council the local government area that contains the town Georgetown Blaenau Gwent, now part of the town of Tredegar in Wales Georgetown Dumfries
  • of several surrounding councils The council ceased to exist in 1988 when it merged with the District Council of Georgetown and the District Council of
  • May 1988 with the amalgamation of the District Council of Georgetown District Council of Gladstone and District Council of Laura. It had nine members divided
  • 54306 - 122.32056 Georgetown is a neighborhood in Seattle, Washington, United States. It is bounded on the north by the mainlines of the BNSF Railway and
  • Georgetown is a city and the capital of Guyana, located in Region 4, which is also known as the Demerara - Mahaica region. It is the country s largest urban