ⓘ District Council of Belalie

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Belalie

The District Council of Belalie was a local government area in South Australia. It was proclaimed on 11 November 1875, and initially comprised most of the cadastral Hundred of Belalie, including its central town of Jamestown. Jamestown itself had originally been planned to be named Belalie when surveyed, while the town had been renamed, the Belalie name was retained for the council. It was divided into five wards at its inception with one councillor each, the first councillors for each being appointed by proclamation. The South-East and South-West wards had been replaced by the Yarcowie and Yongala wards by 1893.

25 Jul 1878 in Jamestown was separated from Belalie Council with the creation of corporate Jamestown, Belalie as completely leaving the parish with the cities within its borders. He got a hundred Vit and remains a rural part of the hundred of Belalie, in accordance with the Law on district councils 1887. The Council continued based in Jamestown, although it is not part of the municipality, and built new offices on the street of Ayr in 1900.

In 1923, the Council is a pastoral and agricultural district 124.629 acres, including a government forest reserve in Bundaleer North. This year it had a population of 1.184, 292 of them are taxpayers living in 259 houses, with capital value of the property, estimated to be £455.560. The municipality purchased the area around Bundaleer springs from regional Council Gladstone on July 16, 1925. The Council ceased to exist on 21 March 1935: the vast majority of Belalie part of the district Council of Caltowie Mannanarie and hundreds of abolished district Council in addition to form a new district Council of Jamestown, while a small area of Belalie merged into the district Council of Hallett.

                                     
  • localities of Belalie North and Belalie East derive from the hundred. Belalie Creek District Council of Belalie Belalie East, South Australia Belalie insect
  • District Council came into existence on 21 March 1935 following the amalgamation of 95 of the District Council of Belalie with the District Council of Caltowie
  • amalgamated with the District Council of Belalie and the Hundred of Mannanarie from the District Council of Yongala to form the District Council of Jamestown. T
  • landmark District Councils Act 1887. The district encompasses a number of towns and localities, including Andrews, Beetaloo Valley, Belalie East, Belalie North
  • the District Council of Belalie in 1875, but the township of Jamestown itself had separated as the Corporate Town of Jamestown in 1878. The Belalie council
  • Caltowie council amalgamated with parts of the District Council of Belalie and District Council of Yongala to form the District Council of Jamestown
  • of Yangya. The District Council of Belalie gained the Hundred of Whyte and the unincorporated portion of the Hundred of Belalie The District Council
  • seven - year old settlement of Jamestown from the surrounding District Council of Belalie The first mayor was John Cockburn, later Premier of South Australia, with
  • Caltowie council amalgamated with most of the Belalie council and the Mannanarie ward of Yongala council to form the new District Council of Jamestown
  • District Council of Bute was a local government area in South Australia from 1885 to 1997. It was proclaimed on 16 July 1885 as the District Council of