ⓘ Corporate Town of Peterborough

                                     

ⓘ Corporate Town of Peterborough

The Corporate Town of Peterborough was a local government area in South Australia centred on the town of Peterborough. It came into existence on 7 October 1886 when it separated from the surrounding District Council of Yongala. It was initially known as Petersburg, it was renamed Peterborough on 10 January 1918, one of many South Australian places to be renamed as a consequence of World War I. It gained additional sections from the Yongala council on 30 August 1888 and 25 November 1897, but lost some territory in 1935 when Yongala amalgamated with the adjacent District Council of Coglin to create the District Council of Peterborough. The two municipalities would coexist alongside each other, the town surrounded by the district council, for more than sixty years.

The Council acquired the building of the St. Petersburg Institute on the main street behind the town hall in 1894, he survives today, but has been converted to residential use. He built a modern Peterborough town Hall next door in 1927, a large, richly decorated building is an architectural monument, and now serves as the seat of its municipality successor. In 1913, the Council decided the urban Institute, the electric power later, the plant was expanded several times and in 1936 was described as "the most relevant on the outside, with the exception of port Pirie". In 1986, ownership of rolling stock shopping centre Peterborough railway preservation society was conferred upon the Council by the South Australian Parliament after a parliamentary investigation.

Enterprise Peterborough, ceased to exist in 1997, when it merged into the surrounding district Council of Peterborough.

                                     
  • Council of Coglin and the District Council of Yongala merged with part of the Corporate Town of Peterborough to create the new council. The remainder of the
  • Peterborough is a town in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 6, 284 at the 2010 census. The central settlement in town
  • city is the seat of Peterborough County. Peterborough s nickname in the distant past was The Electric City as it was the first town in Canada to use
  • in 1886, the Corporate Town of Peterborough seceded from Yongala to directly represent the interests of the township of Peterborough in the hundred s
  • had previously served as mayor of the Corporate Town of Peterborough from 1906 to 1908, and was a Peterborough councillor for eighteen years. Samuel Dickson:
  • town hall in Peterborough was the former Petersburg Institute building, which was transferred to the Corporate Town of Petersburg for use as a town hall
  • east corner. The Corporate Town of Peterborough was established by separation from Yongala in 1886. Local government in the rest of the county was established
  • Peterborough Greyhound Stadium is a greyhound racing track located in Fengate, less than a mile from the centre of Peterborough England. Racing at the
  • District Council of Yongala and a severed portion of the Corporate Town of Peterborough to form the District Council of Peterborough H. Richards 1901
  • Peterborough Building Society or N P is a trading name of Yorkshire Building Society based in Bradford, West Yorkshire. Formed by the merger of the