ⓘ District Council of Kanyaka-Quorn

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Kanyaka-Quorn

The District Council of Kanyaka-Quorn was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1969 to 1997.

The Council began its work on 1 April 1969 with the merger of the corporate city Quorn with the surrounding district Council Kanyaka. It works from the former Boston offices of the Council.

In 1983, the Council issued the book in honor of the 100th anniversary of local government in the area.

The Council United with the district Council of Hawker, to form the Flinders ranges Council on January 1, 1997, which continued to meet their former offices.

                                     
  • The District Council of Kanyaka was a local government area in South Australia that existed from 1888 to 1969. The council was established on 5 January
  • establishment of the rural District Council of Kanyaka which surrounded the town for most of its history. It consisted of a 171 acre area in Quorn township
  • the merger of the District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn and the District Council of Hawker. The LGA adjoins the following to the south - City of Port Augusta
  • government area Kanyaka Station, a pastoral property Hundred of Kanyaka, a cadastral unit Kanyaka disambiguation District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn
  • days. It amalgamated with the District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn to form the Flinders Ranges Council on 1 January 1997. J. Edgeloe 1888 S. J. Jones 1888
  • local government body, the District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn In 1997, Kanyaka - Quorn amalgamated with the District Council of Hawker to the north to form
  • Quorn council bringing the hundred under the governance of the District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn In 1997 the hundred came under the governance of Flinders
  • Augusta. In 1969 Kanyaka council amalgamated with the Corporate Town of Quorn to form the new District Council of Kanyaka - Quorn This portion of the county
  • Kanyaka is a rural locality in the Far North region of South Australia, situated in the Flinders Ranges Council Kanyaka Station, a prominent pastoral