ⓘ British Coffee House

                                     

ⓘ British Coffee House

The British Coffee House was a coffeehouse at 27 Cockspur Street, London.

It is known to have existed in 1722, and was run in 1759 by Bishop Douglass sister, and then by Mrs. Anderson, and was particularly popular with the Scottish. English coffeehouses in the 17th and 18th centuries acted as public meeting places.

It was rebuilt by Robert Adam in 1770, and was owned by David Hatton Morley, the father of Atkinson Morley.