ⓘ Milo Murphys Law
Milo Murphys Law is an American animated television series from the creators of Phineas and Ferb, Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh. The series premiered on October 3, 2016 on Disney XD. It revolves around the title character, Milo Murphy, who is a descendant of Edward A. Murphy Jr., the namesake of Murphys Law, which states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. This series takes place in the Phineas and Ferb world, with several references to the show occurring across season one, culminating in a crossover at the beginning of the second season and continuing throughout.
When asked about a third season in October 2019, Povenmire stated they were still waiting on a third season renewal, but said that it will likely happen when the series goes on Disney+.
1.1. Characters Main
- Sabrina Carpenter as Melissa Chase, the long-time best friend of Milos who likes to hang out with him despite his bad luck. Her father is the local fire chief. She has had a secret fear of rollercoasters, since one nearly fell on her, and has fake front teeth after catching a pop fly.
- Mekai Curtis as Zack Underwood, the new kid to the Tri-State Area who becomes best friends with Milo and sticks by Milo even though he is a jinx. He is on the football team. He was once the lead singer of a boy band called "The Lumberzacks". He is often the straight man of the series.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic as Milo Murphy, the title character of the series. He has a reputation for having extreme misfortune and causing part of it to others as a result of being descended from the creator of Murphys Law; nevertheless, he is optimistic and constantly finds ways to overcome it. He carries a backpack with him that always seems to have what he needs for any given situation. It was given to him by his old babysitter, Veronica, who was the only one able to handle Murphys Law.
1.2. Characters Murphy family
- Diedrich Bader as Martin Murphy, Milos father. Just like his son, he has extreme misfortune. He is a safety inspector, mostly due to the fact that when hes around, safety contingencies are pushed to the limit.
- Dee Bradley Baker as Diogee Ex Machina Murphy, Milos dog. He regularly follows Milo, who keeps telling him to go home as he is almost always not allowed to be wherever Milo is at the moment. His name is pronounced "D-O-G," as if spelling out the word "dog."
- Pamela Adlon as Brigette Murphy, Milos mother who is an architect.
- Kate Micucci as Sara Murphy, Milos older sister and fellow Dr. Zone fan who loves her brother despite his recurring bad luck.
1.3. Characters Jefferson County Middle School
- Django Marsh as Chad Van Coff, a classmate of Milos who is convinced that Mr. Drako is a vampire.
- Greg Cipes as Mort Schaeffer, a burly-looking and spiritual student in Milos class. He is Bradleys best friend, but is friends with Milo and his gang, and is the drummer in their band, Just Getting Started.
- Chrissie Fit as Amanda Lopez, a student in Milos class who is a perfectionist and Milo’s love interest.
- Vincent Martella as Bradley Nicholson, a pessimistic and arrogant student who is jealous of the attention Milo gets. Due to the space-time continuum being altered during "The Phineas and Ferb Effect", his right arm is still part plant.
- Mackenzie Phillips as Elizabeth Milder, the principal of Jefferson County Middle School.
- Sarah Chalke as Mrs. Murawski, the science teacher of Jefferson County Middle School who holds an unhealthy affection for her desk.
- Christian Slater as Elliot Decker, the school crossing guard and self-described "Safety Czar". He makes it his mission to protect the city from Milo, to which he constantly hinders Milo and the gang.
- Alyson Stoner as Lydia, a classmate of Milos as well as Amandas best friend.
- Laraine Newman as Ms. White, another middle school teacher.
- Michael Culross as Kyle Drako, a middle school teacher with a slight Romanian accent. A recurring gag involves him exhibiting traits resembling a vampire.
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Nolan Mitchell, the football coach of Jefferson County Middle School.
1.4. Characters Bureau of Time Travel agents
- Mark Hamill as Mr. Block, Cavendish and Dakotas superior in season 1 and the beginning of season 2.
- Hamill also voices Bob Block, Mr. Blocks great-great-great-grandfather in the present day, who hires Cavendish and Dakota as janitors for P.I.G. in "Snow Way Out". He appears throughout the second season.
- Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Vinnie Dakota and Balthazar Cavendish. The pair are time travelers given the assignment to prevent the extinction of the pistachio. They are considered a joke by their fellow time agents because their job is considered inconsequential. Dakota dresses in Disco 1970s clothing while Cavendish dresses in Victorian era 1870s formal wear. They initially see Milo as an enemy agent until they learn about Murphys Law and befriend him in "Missing Milo". Later in the same episode, it is revealed that they were the inspirations for Doctor Zone and the Time Ape. In the second season episode "Snow Way Out", they are revoked from time travel due to Dakota creating unauthorized timelines to save Cavendish. In "Picture Day" they are hired under the orders of Bob Block as janitors at P.I.G Paranormal Investigation Group. In "Abducting Murphys Law", they get into an argument that destroys their friendship and ends with Cavendish going rogue from P.I.G.
- Ming-Na Wen and Brett Dalton as Savannah and Brick, colleagues of Dakota and Cavendish. Unlike them, Savannah and Brick resemble traditional secret agents in the vein of James Bond, and drive a time vehicle that resembles a limousine, as opposed to Dakota and Cavendishs, which resembles a Beetle. Their character designs are based on their voice actors, who portrayed secret agents in the television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
1.5. Characters O.W.C.A. Organization Without a Cool Acronym
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram, Perrys superior in O.W.C.A.; Milo encounters him briefly after he meets Perry. He and Carl both show up in "Milo in Space", getting a warning about the Aliens.
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Platypus, aka "Agent P", the platypus agent and pet of the Flynn-Fletcher family; Milo encounters him when meeting up with Doofenshmirtz. He also becomes a supporting character alongside Doof in the show. He and Doof also have a series-arc in which Doof ends their friendship after Perry was being paid to babysit him in "Sick Day", which ends in "Milo in Space" where they become friends again.
- Tyler Alexander Mann as Carl, O.W.C.A.s sole perpetual unpaid intern and Major Monograms personal assistant; first appears in flashback in the episode "Agee Ientee Diogee" when Perry gets his mission and later makes recurring appearances in present day starting with "Sick Day". He and Monogram both show up in "Milo in Space", getting a warning about the Aliens.
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Heinz "Doof" Doofenshmirtz / Professor Time, the formerly-evil-scientist-turned-O.W.C.A. member; Milo encounters him when looking for Professor Time, Doofs future self. After his house gets destroyed through Murphys Law, he crashes with Milo. He is now a main character. He and Perry the Platypus also have a series-arc in which Doof ends their friendship after Perry was being paid to babysit him in "Sick Day", which ends in "Milo in Space" where they become friends again.
1.6. Characters Octalians
- Odessa Adlon as the Alien Commanders daughter, Orgaluth.
- John Ross Bowie and Cedric Yarbrough as Loab and Khone, the Alien Commanders "favorite" field agents.
- Joanna Hausmann as Alien Commander, the captain of an extraterrestrial fleet interested in the capture of Milo.
- Brock Powell as Alien Pilot, the Alien Commanders second-in-command.
- Unknown, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, and Brock Powell as Beek, Mantel and Dorsal, additional field agents under the Alien Commander.
1.7. Characters Others
- Vanessa Williams as Eileen Underwood, Zacks mother who works as a surgeon.
- Scott D. Peterson as Scott, an "Undergrounder" who lives beneath Danville.
- John Viener as the disembodied head of Norm, Doofs formerly giant robot man. His body was destroyed in the rubble of Doofenshmirtz Formerly-Evil Incorporated.
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa Doofenshmirtz, Doofs goth daughter from his failed marriage.
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Lieutenant Tennant, A government lieutenant under Colonel Niblet.
- Dan Povenmire as Colonel Niblet, Head of a mysterious government agency. After a series of appearances throughout the series, Cavendish and Dakota are mistakenly blamed for destroying one of his facilities and make an enemy out of him.
- Adrian Pasdar as Richard Chase, Melissas father who works as a fireman.
- Jemaine Clement as Doctor Zone, the main character of the eponymous show within a show. He is based on the titular character from Doctor Who, as he travels through time. Orton Mahlson, the creator of The Doctor Zone Files is also the original actor who portrayed the character. Mahlsons name is a parody of writer Martin Olson.
- Sophie Winkleman as Time Ape, Dr. Zones sidekick.
- Recurring Raccoon and Zippy: the World’s Fastest Koala unvoiced, two running gags introduced in season 2 who cause all sorts of chaos and even have their own jingles.
- Phil LaMarr as Marcus Underwood, Zacks father.
- Mitchell Musso as Jeremy Johnson, Candace Flynns boyfriend, whom Cavendish and Dakota met at a Slushy Dawg in "Managing Murphys Law".
On July 21, 2017, it was announced that a crossover with former Povenmire/Marsh series Phineas and Ferb, titled "The Phineas and Ferb Effect". The entire Phineas and Ferb cast reprised their roles for the special, with the exception of Thomas Sangster, the original voice of Ferb, due to schedule conflicts. Ferb was instead voiced by David Errigo, Jr. In the previous episode "Fungus Among Us", serving as the first season finale, Milo, Cavendish, Dakota, Orton Mahlson and Diogee encounter Dr. Heinz "Doof" Doofenshmirtz, referred by Milo as the future Professor Time, the creator of time travel. Following the crossover, the characters Doofenshmirtz, Perry the Platypus, Major Monogram and Carl joined the cast of Milo Murphys Law in a main and recurring capacity respectively.
In Canada, the series premiered on Disney XD in October 2016. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, a preview aired on Disney Channel on December 26, 2016 and on Disney XD on December 12, 2016. The full series premiered on April 3, 2017 and in September 2017 on each respective channel. The series premiered on Disney XD channels in Australia and New Zealand on February 4, 2017 and in Sub-Saharan Africa on March 18, 2017. It debuted on Disney Channels in Southeast Asia on February 10, 2017 and in India on August 21, 2017, The series premiered on CITV in January 2019. The series premiered in Ukraine on PLUSPLUS channel on February 23, 2019.