ⓘ List of Farm to Market Roads in Texas (200–299)

                                     

ⓘ List of Farm to Market Roads in Texas (200–299)

Farm to Market Road 200 serves Somervell and Johnson counties. Its eastern terminus is at FM 1434 southeast of Nemo, and its western terminus is at SH 144 near Rainbow.

FM 200 was designated on June 12, 1945, from SH 144 to Rainbow. On November 28, 1945, the description was changed so that FM 200 extended to US 67. On September 28, 1949, FM 200 extended east to FM 199 at Nemo. On June 28, 1963, FM 200 extended southeast 4.1 miles. On September 5, 1973, FM 200 extended to FM 1434.

                                     

1. FM 201

Farm to Market Road 201 serves Sabine County. It runs east from US 96.

FM 201 was designated on May 25, 1995 from US 96, 2.6 miles southeast of Spur 414, east 4.3 miles. On March 30, 2000, by district request, the road was extended another 4.12 miles east.

FM 201 1945

The first FM 201 was designated on June 12, 1945 from Glen Rose via Post Oak School to the Hood County line. On September 6, 1949, the section from old US 67 to SH 144 was added. On May 23, 1951 the road was extended northwest to US 377 in Tolar, replacing FM 915. On December 17, 1952 the road was extended northwest 6 miles from US 377. FM 201 was cancelled by district request on December 20, 1984 and transferred to FM 56.

                                     

2. FM 202

Farm to Market Road 202 is located in Somervell County. It runs from SH 144 north to FM 56.

FM 202 was designated on June 12, 1945 from Glen Rose via Rock Creek School to SH 144. The only change was on December 23, 1959 when the FM 1992-Glen Rose section was transferred to FM 56, as well as FM 1992 itself.

                                     

3. FM 203

Farm to Market Road 203 serves Somervell and Bosque Counties. It runs from US 67 in Glass to SH 144 north of Walnut Springs. FM 203 was designated on June 12, 1945, from US 67 in Glass southward 2.3 miles. On October 31, 1958, FM 203 extended to SH 144, replacing FM 2318.

                                     

4. FM 204

Farm to Market Road 204 serves Taylor County. It runs from US 83/US 84 east and north to FM 1750.

FM 204 was designated on February 27, 1997 on the current route.

FM 204 1945

The first FM 204 was designated on June 12, 1945 from US 67 via Cottonwood School to Rough Creek School. On July 14, 1949 the road was extended 2 miles northeast of Rough Creek School to a road intersection. On October 26, 1954, the road was extended northeast to FM 201 now FM 56, replacing FM 2223. FM 204 was cancelled by district request on December 20, 1984 and transferred to FM 51.

                                     

5. FM 205

Farm to Market Road 205 serves Erath, Hood, and Somervell Counties. It runs from US 281 in Stephenville east to SH 144 in Glen Rose. FM 205 was designated from US 67 in Glen Rose westward 4 miles to Lanham Mills. On October 31, 1958, FM 205 extended east to FM 201 now FM 56. On May 5, 1966, FM 205 extended westward 3.5 miles. On May 5, 1974, FM 205 extended west to FM 204 now FM 51. On December 20, 1984, FM 205 extended to US 281, replacing FM 2157.

                                     

6. FM 206

Farm to Market Road 206 is located in Smith County. It runs from SH 31 west of Tyler southwest to Spur 364.

FM 206 was designated on April 26, 1989 from SH 31 west of Tyler southwest to a railroad crossing. On December 13, 1990 the road was extended to Spur 364. On June 27, 1995, the entire route was transferred to UR 206. This was changed back to FM 206 on November 15, 2018.

FM 206 1945

The first FM 206 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Graford north to the Jack-Palo Pinto County line. On July 10, 1945 the road was extended north to SH 24 now US 380. FM 206 was cancelled by district request on December 20, 1984 and transferred to FM 4.



                                     

7. FM 207

Farm to Market Road 207 serves Stephens and Palo Pinto Counties. It runs from US 180 near Breckenridge to SH 16 near Strawn.

FM 207 was designated on June 11, 1945, from Strawn northwest to the Stephens-Palo Pinto county line. On December 10, 1946, it was shortened to end 1 mile southeast of that county line. On October 13, 1954, FM 207 extended to FM 717, replacing FM 2232. On March 27, 1957, FM 207 extended northwest to US 180, replacing FM 577.

                                     

8. FM 208

Farm to Market Road 208 was a designation applied to a highway in Hood and Johnson counties. No highway uses the FM 208 designation now.

FM 208 was designated on June 6, 1945 from a point on US 377 east of Granbury to Acton to another point on US 377 east of Granbury, forming a partial loop. On December 20, 1984 the section from US 377 south to the junction in Acton was transferred to FM 167. FM 208 was then rerouted to Cleburne, replacing FM 1192. FM 208 was cancelled on February 25, 1985 by district request and transferred to FM 4.

                                     

9. FM 209

Farm to Market Road 209 serves Throckmorton and Young counties. It runs from US 283 near Woodson to SH 67 near Graham. FM 209 was designated on June 16, 1945, from SH 67 near Graham westward 6 miles. On November 23, 1948, it extended west to 9.9 miles west of Graham. On July 14, 1949, FM 209 extended west to Murray. On November 20, 1951, FM 209 extended west to SH 6 now US 183, replacing FM 1204. On February 6, 1953, FM 209 extended west to its current terminus, replacing FM 375.

                                     

10. FM 210

Farm to Market Road 210 serves Archer and Young counties. It runs from SH 25 west of Archer City to SH 79 in Olney.

FM 210 was designated on June 18, 1945 from Spur 132 in Olney westward 10.6 miles. On December 17, 1952, it extended east 0.7 miles to SH 79. On October 28, 1953, it extended northeastward and eastward to SH 25, replacing FM 374.

                                     

11. FM 211

Farm to Market Road 211 serves Terry, Lynn, and Garza Counties. It runs from FM 303 in Terry County to SH 207 north of Post.

FM 211 was designated on June 11, 1945, from Wilson across US 87 to New Home. On June 25, 1945, a section from US 62 1 mile south of Meadow to the Lynn-Terry County line was added. On January 27, 1948, the sections were connected. On July 20, 1948, FM 211 extended west to SH 51 now US 385. On March 19, 1949, a section from the Garza-Lynn county line to US 84 was added, replacing FM 1068. On July 25, 1951, the sections were connected. On February 24, 1953, it extended west to its current terminus, replacing part of FM 300. On October 31, 1958, FM 211 extended east to FM 122 now SH 207.

                                     

12. FM 212

Farm to Market Road 212 serves Lynn County. It runs from US 84 to FM 1313 in Grassland.

FM 212 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 380 south 2 miles to Grassland current junction with FM 1313. On January 18, 1952, FM 212 extended west to FM 1054. However, this extension was transferred to FM 1313 on February 25 of that same year. On November 24, 1959, FM 212 extended north to US 84, replacing FM 1703.



                                     

13. FM 213

Farm to Market Road 213 serves Yoakum, Terry, and Lynn Counties. It runs from SH 214 north of Denver City to FM 1054 in Draw.

FM 213 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 87 east to Draw then named Drew. Later that day, FM 213 extended west to Wells. On January 27, 1948, FM 213 extended west to New Moore. On July 14, 1949, FM 213 extended west to SH 137 in Union. On November 20, 1951, FM 213 extended west to FM 403. On May 23, 1958, FM 213 extended west to FM 1312. On February 10, 1966, FM 213 extended west to SH 214, replacing FM 396. That same day, FM 303 extended south replacing FM 1312, and a concurrency with FM 303 was created.

                                     

14. FM 214

Farm to Market Road 214 serves Swisher County. It runs from US 87 in Kaffir Switch west to FM 1424 at a point north of Tulia.

FM 214 was designated on June 11, 1945 on its current route.

                                     

15. FM 215

Farm to Market Road 215 serves Coryell and Bosque Counties. It runs from SH 36 north of Gatesville to FM 217 in Mosheim.

FM 215 was designated on August 1, 1963 from SH 36 northward 0.2 miles to the Gatesvile State School for Boys. On June 2, 1967, FM 215 extended northward to White Hall. On September 5, 1973, FM 215 extended to FM 217.

FM 215 1945

The first FM 215 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Clifton to Womack. On October 25, 1947 sections from the Hamilton County line to SH 22 and from SH 22 to Clifton were added, creating a concurrency with SH 22. On June 1, 1948 the road was extended to SH 22. On October 26, 1954 the road was extended 7.7 miles northwest to a county road 3.0 miles east of Fairy, and west to FM 1602 on July 28, 1955. FM 215 was cancelled on December 10, 1959 and transferred to FM 219, although the road was still signed as FM 215 until 1960.

                                     

16. FM 216

Farm to Market Road 216 serves Bosque County. It runs from FM 927 in Iredell to the Bosque-Erath county line.

FM 216 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Iredell to Flag Creek, 0.5 miles south of the Bosque-Erath county line. However, FM 216 was programmed and constructed to the Bosque-Erath county line, so the description changed to match this. On October 19, 1955, 0.1 miles were eliminated because of the relocation of FM 927.

                                     

17. FM 217

Farm to Market Road 217 serves Coryell and Bosque Counties. It runs from SH 36 in Jonesboro to SH 6 near Valley Mills.

FM 217 was designated on November 20, 1951, from SH 6 in Valley Mills to Mosheim. On November 20, 1951, FM 217 was extended to the Coryell-Bosque county line. On July 28, 1955, FM 217 was extended to FM 182. On March 21, 1958, FM 217 extended to SH 36, replacing FM 2280.

                                     

18. FM 218

Farm to Market Road 218 serves Brown, Mills, and Hamilton Counties. It runs from US 84 in Zephyr to SH 36 in Hamilton.

FM 218 was designated on June 16, 1945 from SH 36 in Hamilton via Pottsville to the Hamilton-Mills County Line. On July 14, 1949, FM 218 extended to SH 16 in Priddy. On November 12, 1953, FM 218 extended to US 84 in Zephyr, replacing FM 1642.

                                     

19. FM 219

Farm to Market Road 219 serves Erath, Hamilton, and Bosque Counties. It runs from SH 108 in Huckabay to SH 22 near Clifton. It is one of the longest Farm to Market Roads in Texas, at 91.923 miles.

FM 219 was designated on June 16, 1945, from US 281 in Olin via Carlton to the Hamilton-Erath county line. On July 9, 1945, FM 219 extended to Dublin. On February 6, 1953, it extended to FM 8, replacing FM 912. On October 14, 1954, it extended north to SH 108 at Huckabay, replacing FM 1716. On November 24, 1959, FM 219 extended southeast to FM 1602. On December 10, 1959, the highway extended southeast to SH 22, replacing FM 215 and creating a concurrency with FM 1602.

                                     

20. FM 220

Farm to Market Road 220 serves Cherokee County. It runs from SH 21 3 miles south of Alto south to a county road.

FM 220 was designated on May 23, 1951 on the current route.

FM 220 1945

The original FM 220 was designated on June 18, 1945 from Lanham to Fairy. On November 23, 1948 the road was extended north to US 281 at Hico. On July 14, 1949 the road was extended south 4.7 miles to a road intersection. FM 220 was cancelled on October 30, 1950 when it was renumbered FM 1602 to avoid conflict with nearby SH 220.

                                     

21. FM 221

Farm to Market Road 221 is located in Hamilton County. It runs from US 281 northwest via Shive to FM 218.

FM 221 was designated on June 18, 1945 from US 281, 7 miles south of Hamilton west to Shive. On November 20, 1951 the road was extended to FM 218, replacing FM 1743. A spur connection at Shive was also added. This spur connection was cancelled on July 11, 1968 and was transferred to FM 3146. By 1970, the spur connection returned, because FM 3146 was cancelled. This spur connection was removed from the state highway system on April 25, 1997 and returned to Hamilton County.

                                     

22. FM 222

Farm to Market Road 222 is located in San Jacinto County. It runs from SH 150 near Coldspring northeast to Camilla and southeast to SH 150 in Shepherd.

FM 222 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 150, 1.5 miles southeast of Coldspring to Camilla. On May 6, 1964 the road was extended south 1.9 miles 3.1 km. On November 26, 1969 the road was extended southeast 6.7 miles 10.8 km to SH 150 at Shepherd, replacing FM 2972.

                                     

23. FM 223

Farm to Market Road 223 serves San Jacinto and Liberty Counties. It runs from Loop 424 in Shepard to FM 787 near Cleveland.

FM 223 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 59 now Loop 424 southeast 4.1 miles 6.6 km to Cross Roads. On October 31, 1957, the road was extended southeast 2.3 miles 3.7 km to the San Jacinto/Liberty county line. On November 24, 1959, the road was extended to 3.6 miles 5.8 km to SH 105T now FM 787, completing its current route

                                     

24. FM 224

Farm to Market Road 224 serves San Jacinto County. It runs from SH 156 in unincorporated Stephen Creek to SH 156 near Coldspring.

FM 224 was designated on June 11, 1945 on its current route. On November 24, 1959, the road extended west 3.5 miles 5.6 km from near Coldspring, but this extension was transferred to FM 945 on June 28, 1963.

                                     

25. FM 225

Farm to Market Road 225 serves Nacogdoches and Rusk Counties. FM 225 runs from US 79 in Henderson to SH 21 in Nacogdoches.

FM 225 was designated on June 11, 1945, from US 79 in Henderson southward 39.4 miles 63.4 km to the community of Leggs Store. On August 24, 1955, FM 225 extended east to SH 21, replacing FM 2111.

                                     

26. FM 231

Farm to Market Road 231 FM 231 is a highway in unincorporated Houston County, Texas. FM 231 begins at the intersection of State Highway 19 SH 19, about five miles 8.0 km from Lovelady. It ends at Lone Pine Road, a local county road. FM 231 was designated on June 8, 1945, along its current route.



                                     

27. FM 235

FM 235 1945

The original FM 235 was designated on June 12, 1945 from SH 111 east 1 mile and west 2 miles to the Navidad/Edna Road. FM 235 was cancelled on June 1, 1948 because mileage was used for the newly designated FM 822.

                                     

28. FM 241

FM 241 1945

The first FM 241 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 29, 10 miles north of Cuero, to US 77 near Yoakum. On April 16, 1946 FM 241s designation was cancelled as mileage was used by the newly created FM 682.

                                     

29. FM 242

FM 242 1945

The first FM 242 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 29, 1 mile south of a junction with SH 111, to the Concrete/Yoakum Road. On April 16, 1946 FM 242s designation was cancelled as mileage was used by the newly created FM 682.

                                     

30. FM 244

Farm to Market Road 244 is located in Grimes County. It runs from FM 39 at Iola to SH 90 at Anderson.

FM 244 was designated on June 6, 1945 from Navasota to Piedmont. On January 27, 1949 a section from Keith to Piedmont was added. On October 28, 1953 the road was extended north to FM 39. The final change was on October 8, 1970 when the FM 3090-SH 6 section was transferred to FM 3090, while FM 244 was rerouted over the former route of FM 3090.

                                     

31. FM 245

Farm to Market Road 245 is a designation that has been used three times. The current use is in Potter and Carson counties, from SH 136 to FM 683 as a replacement of a portion of FM 683 which was rerouted over FM 293 spur.

FM 245 1945-1954

The first use of FM 245 was in Grimes County, on June 6, 1945 from SH 6 to Wallace Prairie. On October 25, 1947 the road was extended to Retreat. FM 245s designation was cancelled on March 24, 1954; 7.6 miles of the road were combined with FM 362. One portion was transferred to FM 2988 later.

FM 245 1954-1955

The second use of FM 245 was in Palo Pinto County, from US 281 to the Parker County line. FM 245s designation was cancelled on August 24, 1955 and transferred to FM 1885.

                                     

32. FM 246

Farm to Market Road 246 is located in Navarro and Freestone counties. It runs from US 75 northwest of Streetman southwest to FM 27 east of Wortham.

FM 246 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Wortham to Streetman. On June 26, 1946 the eastern terminus was revised to Birdsten Cemetery northeast of Streetman, replacing FM 640 which started at the Navarro County Line. On January 27, 1948 the route was modified to show a concurrency with US 75. On July 25, 1951 the road was extended northeast 3 miles to a road intersection. On October 26, 1954 the road was extended to FM 488, replacing FM 1695. On September 15, 1968 the section from US 75 to FM 488 was renumbered as FM 416.

                                     

33. FM 249

Farm to Market Road 249 is located in Cass county. It runs from US 59 in Atlanta to the Arkansas border.

FM 249 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 77 east to Bloomburg. On September 12, 1946, FM 249 extended east to the Arkansas State Line. In 1963, a new route of SH 77 was under construction, and FM 249 would be extended west over the old route of SH 77. It was completed by early 1967, when FM 249 extended west to Downtown Atlanta replacing part of the old route of SH 77, and FM 1635 was created as a redesignation of the remainder of the old route of SH 77.

                                     

34. FM 250

Farm to Market Road 250 is located in Cass and Morris counties. It runs from SH 77 near Marietta through Marietta and Hughes Springs to SH 26.

FM 250 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Marietta to Hughes Springs. On September 26, 1945 the road was extended north to SH 77 this portion was formerly Spur 97 which replaced SH 245. On May 22, 1947 FM 250 was extended to SH 26 at or near the Lone Star Steel Plant, bringing the road to its current length.

                                     

35. FM 255

Farm to Market Road 255 is a designation that has been used twice. No highway uses the FM 255 designation now.

FM 255 was redesignated on August 29, 1990 from FM 1472 near Dolores Community southwest 1.5 miles to the International Bridge. On June 27, 1995, the road was transferred to UR 255. UR 255s designation was cancelled on June 30, 2005 when it became an extension of SH 255.

                                     

35.1. FM 255 FM 255 1945

The original FM 255 was designated on June 12, 1945 from McShane School on SH 63 to Ferguson. On September 27, 1960 the road was extended northeast to the McGee Bend Dam, and east to US 96 on May 30, 1961. On May 26, 1963 the road was extended southeast over a former routing of SH 63. On November 26, 1969, the road was extended 43.2 miles, replacing FM 2628 and FM 3125. On April 1, 1970, the section of FM 255 from 4.8 miles east of US 69 east 11.3 miles to Beans Community and the section from US 96 east to SH 87 were transferred to RE 255. On February 21, 1974 the section from Beans Community to SH 63 was also transferred to RE 255. The remainder of FM 255 was cancelled on August 21, 1978 and transferred to RE 255.

                                     

36. FM 257

Farm to Market Road 257 is located in Nueces County. It runs from US 77 to Business US 77-V changed from Loop 428 on June 21, 1990 in Bishop.

FM 257 was designated on June 2, 1967 on the current route.

FM 257 1945

The first FM 257 was designated on June 12, 1945 from US 190 near Woodville south 4.3 miles to Harmony. On November 21, 1956 the road was extended north 2.6 miles, creating a concurrency with US 190. FM 257 was cancelled on October 19, 1960 and transferred to FM 256.

                                     

37. FM 258

Farm to Market Road 258 is located in El Paso County. It runs from SH 20 to FM 1110.

FM 258 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 80 now SH 20 near Ysleta south 17 miles along the south side of US 80 to US 80 at or near Fabens. On June 27, 1995 the section from SH 20 southeast to UR 1110 was transferred to UR 258. On July 28, 2016 the section along Old Pueblo Road from SH 20 south to Socorro Road was cancelled and returned to El Paso while FM 258 was rerouted along Socorro Road to Zaragosa Road and SH 20. On November 15, 2018 UR 258 was changed back to FM 258.

                                     

38. FM 259

Farm to Market Road 259 is located in El Paso County. It runs from the TX/NM state line to SH 20.

FM 259 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 80 now SH 20 at Canutillo west to the TX/NM state line at NM 28. On October 31, 1958 the road was extended 0.9 mile east to IH 10. On February 1, 1962 a break in the route was added at US 80. On September 1, 1965 the extension to IH 10 was transferred to Loop 375. On June 27, 1995 the entire route was transferred to UR 259, but this was changed back to FM 259 on November 15, 2018.

                                     

39. FM 260

Farm to Market Road 260 was a designation applied to a highway in El Paso County. No highway uses the FM 260 designation now.

FM 260 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 80 now SH 20 at Whites Spur west to the Texas/New Mexico state line. On December 16, 1948 the road was extended north to FM 259. On October 13, 1954 two sections totaling 0.7 miles were added. These sections were removed on April 15, 1976. On June 26, 1991, SH 178 was designated, and upon completion, FM 260s section south of SH 178 would be cancelled. On June 27, 1995 the entire route was transferred to UR 260. Complete cancellation of UR 260 on December 18, 1997 was proposed, but the proposal was rejected by the city, the county, or both the city and the county. On May 28, 1998 the section from the then-future intersection of SH 178 to SH 20 was removed from the highway system. The remainder of UR 260s designation was cancelled on August 28, 2003 and also removed from the highway system. The road carried the local street name "Country Club Road", as it provided primary access to the El Paso Country Club.



                                     

40. FM 266

Farm to Market Road 266 is located in Knox and Haskell counties. It runs from US 82 via Hefner and Goree to SH 222.

FM 266 was designated on June 4, 1945 from Goree north 3 miles towards Hefner. On September 9, 1947 the route description was revised as FM 266 was extended 1.5 miles 2.4 km using mileage taken from FM 143. On October 28, 1953 the road was extended east and north 8.4 miles 13.5 km miles to US 82, 1.5 miles west of the Baylor County line, replacing FM 1044. On November 1, 1956 the road was extended south 5.8 miles to FM 1587. On May 2, 1962, the road was extended southwest 8 miles from FM 1720 to FM 1080, creating a gap. On May 24, 1962, the gap was closed, replacing a section of FM 1587, and the road was extended south 10.3 miles to SH 24 now US 380, replacing a section of FM 1080. On September 5, 1973 the section from FM 1587 to FM 1720 was signed but not designated as SH 222. On August 29, 1990 this section along with all of FM 143 and FM 1587 and the section of FM 1720 east of FM 266; FM 143 was later reassigned to another highway was cancelled as the SH 222 designation became official.



                                     

41. FM 268

Farm to Market Road 268 or FM 268 is located in Childress and Hardeman counties in northern Texas.

FM 268 begins at an intersection with US 287 in the town of Childress. The highway runs through the town along NE 3rd Street and leaves the town near Fair Park. FM 268 runs in a northeast direction before turning to the east near FM 2530. The highway passes many rural areas, intersecting FM 2884 and FM 1033. FM 268 enters Hardeman County before turning to the south at Howeth Road/Newton Road. The highway continues to run south and intersects US 287 again before ending at an intersection with Roberts Road.

FM 268 was designated on June 11, 1945, running from the northeast corner of Childress eastward 3 miles to near the Childress Community Center. On April 16, 1949, the highway was extended another mile to US 287 in Childress. FM 268 was extended eastward and northward another 6 miles on July 15, 1953 to a point in Childress County. On October 28, 1953, the highway was extended northward another 5 miles to a road intersection. On September 20, 1961, FM 268 the section from FM 1033 northward was transferred to FM 1033, and it was instead extended east and south over 6 miles a new route and 5.9 miles over FM 2567.

Junction list


                                     

42. FM 270

Farm to Market Road 270 is located in Harris and Galveston counties. It runs from NASA Road 1 southeast to FM 646. The road is known locally as Egret Bay Boulevard.

FM 270 was designated on October 30, 1970 from NASA Road 1 south 2.5 miles to FM 518. On August 31, 1987 the section from FM 518 to FM 646 was added. On June 27, 1995, the entire route was transferred to UR 270, but this was changed back to FM 270 on November 15, 2018.

                                     

42.1. FM 270 FM 270 1945

The first FM 270 was designated on June 11, 1945 on a route from US 67, 5.2 miles east of Sulphur Bluff, to Dike. On November 23, 1948 the road was extended south 4.1 miles to a road intersection, creating a concurrency with US 67. On September 28, 1949 the road was extended south 3.7 miles to SH 11 in Como. On August 8, 1951 the road was extended south 5.5 miles to a road intersection, replacing FM 1698. On December 17, 1952, the road was extended northeastward 5.8 miles from Dike to a road intersection. On August 24, 1955 the road was extended east and north to Pickton, creating a concurrency with SH 11. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended north 5.4 miles to FM 71. On October 31, 1958 the road was extended north 2 miles from FM 71. FM 270s designation was cancelled on December 21, 1959: the section from north of FM 71 south to FM 2476 which became part of FM 69 that day was transferred to FM 69 and the section from FM 2476 to SH 11 was transferred to FM 269.

                                     

43. FM 276

FM 276 1945

The first FM 276 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 154 near Birthright to Peerless. FM 276 was cancelled on November 23, 1948 and became a portion of FM 71.

                                     

44. FM 279

Farm to Market 279 is located in Van Zandt and Smith counties. It runs from SH 64 near Ben Wheeler to SH 64 near the Nueces River.

FM 279 was designated on January 7, 1954 on the current route. The route was formerly a section of SH 64.

FM 279 1945

The first FM 279 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 117 east 6 miles toward Adobe Walls. On October 29, 1948 the road was extended north to FM 759, replacing FM 760 which ended at the Hansford County Line. On July 11, 1949 the road was extended northeast 6.0 miles 9.7 km, and the section from FM 279 north to FM 759 was cancelled and renumbered FM 760. On May 30, 1950 the section east of FM 760 was cancelled in exchange for the creation of FM 1598. The remainder of FM 279s designation was cancelled on December 1, 1953 and transferred to FM 281.

                                     

45. FM 281

Farm to Market Road 281 is located in the Texas Panhandle. It runs from Spur 276 in Dalhart to US 83. There is a concurrency with FM 119 in Sunray.

FM 281 was designated on June 11, 1945 from FM 119 at Sunray east 5 miles. On January 18, 1946 the road was extended 4.8 miles east. On June 4, 1946 the section from the Moore County line to FM 278 was added, creating a gap. This gap was closed on April 30, 1947. On December 17, 1952 the road was extended east to SH 117 now SH 15 and FM 279. On December 1, 1953 the road was extended west to US 87 and east to FM 760, replacing a section of FM 1712 and all of FM 279, FM 1266, and FM 1899. The remainder of FM 1712 was transferred to FM 807 on November 24, 1959. On October 31, 1958 the road was extended to Business US 87 now Spur 276 in Dalhart. On February 5, 1960 the road was extended east, north, and east to US 83, replacing a section of FM 760 and all of FM 2017 and FM 2389.

                                     

46. FM 284

Farm to Market Road 284 is located in Briscoe County. It runs from SH 86 and SH 207 west of Silverton to a road intersection.

FM 284 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 287 at Claude south 9.7 miles. On December 17, 1952 the road was extended 7.3 miles south and east to a road intersection. On April 23, 1953, it extended east 3 miles to a road intersection. On July 1, 1957 a section of FM 284 from FM 2272 eastward was transferred to FM 2272, while FM 284 was rerouted over the old route of FM 2272; a section of FM 146 from FM 2272 south to SH 86 was transferred to FM 284. The southernmost section was previously FM 1304. Later, FM 284 extended south 5 miles to FM 145. On September 1, 1965 the section of FM 284 north of SH 86 was redesignated as SH 207. On May 7, 1970, FM 284 extended south 4 miles from FM 145.

                                     

47. FM 285

Farm to Market Road 285 is located in Randall and Armstrong counties. It runs from US 87 to SH 207.

FM 285 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Wayside west to the Randall County line. The same day the road was extended to US 87. On October 31, 1957 the road was extended south and east to FM 284 now SH 207, bringing the highway to its current length.

                                     

48. FM 286

Farm to Market Road 286 is a designation that has been used twice. No highway uses the FM 286 designation now.

FM 286 was designated on June 28, 1963 from 0.7 miles west of IH 35 at Hillsboro east 1.21 miles to a county road 0.51 miles east of IH 35. On June 2, 1967 the road was extended east 1.4 miles to SH 22. On May 29, 2003 by district request, the section from IH 35 west to Country Club Road was removed from the highway system and returned to the city of Hillsboro. The remainder of FM 286 was cancelled on December 17, 2009 and returned to the city of Hillsboro.

FM 286 1945

The first FM 286 was designated on June 7, 1945 from Amarillo to the Randall County line along an extension of Georgia Street. On February 21, 1946 the road was extended south to US 87, replacing FM 680. FM 286s designation was cancelled on June 27, 1963 and removed from the highway system as it was entirely in Amarillo city limits, so it was no longer needed.

                                     

49. FM 287

Farm to Market Road 287 is a designation that has been used three times. The current use is in Stephens County, from US 183 near Breckenridge to US 180.

FM 287 1945-1948

The first use of the FM 287 designation was from US 66 now IH 40 south to the Deaf Smith County line in Oldham County. FM 287 was cancelled and reassigned as FM 809 to avoid confusion with nearby US 287.

FM 287 1951-1960

The second use of the FM 287 designation was in Trinity County, from SH 45 now SH 19 west to the Walker County line. FM 287 was cancelled and transferred to FM 230.

                                     

50. FM 288

Farm to Market Road 288 is located in Wood County. It runs from SH 154, 5 miles northwest of Quitman, south to SH 182.

FM 288 was designated on October 22, 1979 on the current route.

FM 288 1945

The first FM 288 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Amarillo along an extension of Western Avenue to the Randall County line. On July 2, 1945 the road was extended south to US 87. FM 288 was cancelled on June 1, 1960 and removed from the state highway system as it was in Amarillo city limits and Amariilo would have had to maintain the road.

                                     

51. FM 289

Farm to Market Road 289 is located in Kendall County. It runs from I-10, 2.5 miles southeast of Comfort, southeast 5.2 miles.

FM 289 was designated on December 15, 1983 on the current route.

FM 289 1945

The first FM 289 was designated on June 11, 1945 from Gruver west to the Sherman County line. The same day the section from Stratford east 10 miles was added, creating a gap. On September 26, 1945 the eastern section was extended east to SH 282 now SH 207, replacing Spur 84. On July 31 1946, the western section was changed to go from Stratford east 8.5 miles. The eastern sections length was changed to 10.8 miles. On December 16, 1948 the road was extended west 6.3 miles to a road intersection and east from Stratford 9 miles. On July 14, 1949 the road was extended 4 miles east from Stratford, closing the gap. On January 1, 1964 the FM 2216-FM 278 section was transferred to SH 136. The remainder of FM 289 was cancelled on September 1, 1965 and transferred to SH 15.

                                     

52. FM 290

Farm to Market Road 290 was a designation applied to a highway in Oldham and Deaf Smith counties. No highway uses the FM 290 designation now.

FM 290 was designated on June 11, 1945 from US 66 now I-40, 1 mile east of Adrian, south to the Deaf Smith County line. On October 18, 1954 the road was extended south to FM 1412, replacing FM 1956. On December 13, 1956, FM 290 was signed but not designated as SH 214. On August 28, 1990, FM 290 was cancelled and officially redesignated as part of SH 214.

                                     

53. FM 292

Farm to Market Road 292 is located entirely in Farwell in Parmer County. The southern terminus is at New Mexico State Road 348 NM 348. It then travels east for a short distance before turning north where it then intersects the concurrent U.S. Route 70 US 70 and US 84. It continues traveling north for a short distance before reaching its northern terminus at US 60.

FM 292 1945

The first FM 292 was designated on June 11, 1945 from SH 18 now SH 70, 16 miles south of Pampa, west 2.5 miles to a rural school. On October 26, 1954 the road was extended north and west to FM 295. FM 292 was cancelled on September 21, 1955 and transferred to FM 293.

                                     

54. FM 299

Farm to Market Road 299 is a designation that has been used three times. The current use is as a proposed road in Orange County, from FM 105 near Pine Forest to FM 105 in Vidor. It is unknown when FM 299 will be constructed, as there is a lot of opposition.

FM 299 was designated on July 16, 1998 on the current route.

                                     

54.1. FM 299 FM 299 1945-1966

The first FM 299 was designated on June 16, 1945 from Muleshoe north to the Palmer County line as a replacement of a section of State Highway 214. On June 24, 1946 the section from Friona south to 4 miles south of Hub was added. On May 22, 1948 the road was extended to US 60, replacing Spur 165. On July 14, 1949 the section from 4 miles south of Hub to the Bailey County line was added, closing the gap. On December 13, 1956, FM 299 was signed but not designated as SH 214. FM 299s designation was cancelled on January 10, 1966 and officially redesignated as part of SH 214.

                                     

54.2. FM 299 FM 299 1967-1968

The next use of the FM 299 designation was in Bee County, from US 59, 0.3 miles west of the Beeville city limits, northwest and northeast 3.3 miles to US 181. FM 299 was cancelled on July 11, 1968 and became a portion of FM 351.

Free and no ads
no need to download or install

Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!

online intellectual game →