ⓘ Budbrooke Barracks

                                     

ⓘ Budbrooke Barracks

The barracks were established as the depot in 1877. Their creation took place as part of the Cardwell Reforms which encouraged the localisation of British military forces. The barracks became the depot for the two battalions of the 6th 1st Warwickshire Regiment of Foot. Following the Childers Reforms, the regiment evolved to become the Royal Warwickshire Regiment with its depot in the barracks in 1881.

Church. Michaels became the Church of the battalion at that time. Many recruits enlisted in the barracks at the beginning of the First world war. The barracks were reduced to the status of out-station to the Forester brigade depot at Glen Parva barracks in 1958, the last recruits were taken in March 1960 and the barracks are closed later this year. The website has since been developed as the village of HAMPTON Magna.

                                     
  • Budbrooke is a small village and civil parish in the Warwick district of Warwickshire, England, about 2½ miles west of Warwick town centre. According
  • Northumberland Fusiliers Durham Light Infantry Budbrooke Barracks Warwick Royal Warwickshire Regiment Hounslow Barracks Royal Fusiliers City of London Regiment
  • affected by the Cardwell Reforms of the 1870s, which gave it a depot at Budbrooke Barracks in Warwickshire from 1873, or by the Childers reforms of 1881 since