ⓘ Juan de Fuca Marine Trail
The Juan de Fuca Marine Trail is a rugged 47-kilometre wilderness hiking trail located within Juan de Fuca Provincial Park along the southwestern coast of Vancouver Island. The trail stretches from China Beach, 35 km west of Sooke, to Botanical Beach, just outside Port Renfrew.
Panoramic views of the coast, the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic mountains can be seen from many points along the forest trail. Lucky those who saw a pod of whales, but it is not uncommon to see sea lions, bald eagles, herons and other wildlife.
Trail can be increased in part, as Hiking or mountain climbing in full in four to six days. In contrast to the more West coast trail is 75 km Juan de Fuca Hiking does not require booking, however, there is a backcountry camping fee of $ 10 per person / per night.
- Botanical Beach Park and the trail connecting them into one park. It is the location of the majority of the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail which is the southern
- Columbia, Canada Juan de Fuca Electoral Area, a local government subdivision in British Columbia Juan de Fuca Marine Trail a backpacking trail in British Columbia
- Ἰωάννης Φωκᾶς better known by the Spanish translation of his name, Juan de Fuca born 1536 on the Ionian island of Cefalonia died there 1602 was a
- British Columbia. Port Renfrew is the western terminus of the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail Port Renfrew is the home of the Pacheedaht First Nation, meaning
- Renfrew. It is partially protected by Juan de Fuca Provincial Park and is crossed by the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail China Beach Canada Jordan River, British
- of Juan de Fuca joins the Pacific Ocean. It is also part of the Makah Reservation, and is the northern boundary of the Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary
- coast - the West Coast Trail and the Juan de Fuca Provincial Park which includes the now highly popular Juan de Fuca Marine Trail Sooke, BC is also famous
- commonly encountered. Juan de Fuca Marine Trail History of the west coast of North America The best hike in the world is the West Coast Trail BestHike. June
- important submarine canyons, the Nitinat Canyon, the Quinault Canyon and the Juan de Fuca Canyon. For 64 miles 103 km along the coast, the sanctuary shares stewardship