ⓘ Massachusetts Automatic Gas Tax Increase Repeal Initiative
The Massachusetts Automatic Gas Tax Increase Repeal Initiative, Question 1 was on the November 4, 2014 statewide ballot. Approved by voters, the measure repeals a 2013 law that would automatically adjust gas taxes according to inflation, allowing for automatic annual increases in the states gas tax.
The law, which cancels this initiative and would put a minimum cap on gas taxes to prevent the tax is reduced of gas in the event of deflation. The tax increase is part of a package of funding of transport, which was vetoed by Governor Deval Patrick D, because he wanted an even greater tax increase. Patricks veto was abolished, a vote of 123 to 33 and a Senate vote of 35 to 5.
Tank the gas tax, the organization supporting the initiative, noted that they have collected at least 18.500 signatures by June 9, 2014. They turned in the signatures on June 18, 2014, in an attempt to qualify the initiative for the ballot. This measure was certified for the 2014 ballot on July 2, 2014.
Was the issue with 53% of votes in favor.
- Massachusetts No Sales Tax for Alcohol Initiative 2010 ballot Massachusetts Right to Repair Initiative 2012 ballot Massachusetts Automatic Gas Tax Increase
- ballot in the state of Massachusetts Of the measures that qualified for the ballot, Question 1 Repeals automatic gas tax increases already signed into law
- The State Income Tax Repeal also known as Massachusetts Question 1, was one of the 2008 ballot measures that appeared on the November 4, 2008 ballot
- not to repeal a sales tax on alcohol sales. The ballot measure for the 2010 ballot was added after the Massachusetts State Legislature increased the sales
- laws. Source: Massachusetts ballot measures, 2006 Massachusetts ballot measures, 2010 Income tax repeal gets 1st ballot slot The Berkshire Eagle. AP.
- Automatic Gas Tax Increase Repeal Initiative 2. N Massachusetts Expansion of Bottle Deposits Initiative 3. N Massachusetts Casino Repeal Initiative 4
- The Massachusetts Casino Repeal Initiative was an unsuccessful initiative voted on in the Massachusetts general election held on November 4, 2014. It
- Proposed by Initiative Petition The proposed initiative would have changed the state income tax rate, affected language contained in certain tax provisions
- by Initiative Petition - The proposed law would reduced then repeal the 7 1 2 surtax on Massachusetts state income taxes and would limit state tax revenue