Compsopsectra elegans is a species of moth in the family Limacodidae. It is the type species of its genus. The type specimen was from the Philippines islands. A wing span of 14 mm for men and 18 mm for women. The proximal third of elytra Natal-brown with three brown-black stripes radiating from the base. In the antemedial fascia consists of a white line outwardly oblique from Costa to subcosta, angular and deeply concave to vein 2, angled and slightly curved inward of the inner edge. Medial third-Natal brown irrorated with fuscous views-black, distal edge excurved. The distal third of the ...
Cyrtophora parangexanthematica is a species of tent spider found in the Philippines. Its scientific name comes from its close resemblance to double-tailed tent spiders. It was described from a single female specimen collected in 1995.
The orange carapace of the female is fairly high with a flat head part. The whitish-yellow abdomen is oval and longish, with grey sides and some grey spots in the middle, the whitish-yellow legs are slender and spiny, with orange and drown hairs. The first pair of legs is more robust. The eye field is yellow, with the median frontal eyes surrounded orange and the others black.
Gambaquezonia is a genus of the spider family Salticidae with two species. It was first described in some detail by Barrion & Litsinger from the female holotype, the only known specimen at the time. Its general appearance was later redescribed by Murphy and Murphy.
Insulamon palawanense, or the Palawan purple crab is a species of freshwater crab from the Philippines described in 2012. They are 2.5–5.3 centimetres wide and are a striking purple colour.
Lepidemathis is a spider genus of the Salticidae family. The four described species are endemic to the Philippines. Types Lepidemathis look like large editions of the relevant kind Emathis. Lepidemathis is about 10 mm 3 ⁄ 8 in long in women, and up to 13 mm 1 ⁄ 2 in males.
Siler semiglaucus, the metallic jumper, colorful jumping spider, or jade jumping spider, is a species of spider of the genus Siler. It is found throughout India to Philippines.
ⓘ Arthropods of the Philippines
- The College of Veterinary Medicine CVM is one of the 11 degree - granting units of the University of the Philippines at Los Baños. It is the country s
- List of threatened and endangered arthropods including insects, arachnids, and crustaceans under the United States Endangered Species Act as of October
- is a spider genus of the Salticidae family jumping spiders The four described species are endemic to the Philippines Species of Lepidemathis look
- species of spider of the genus Siler. It is found throughout India to Philippines Metallic Jumper Krishna Mohan Photography. Retrieved 4 June 2016
- genus Cryptotermes. It is found in Philippines Australia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and introduced to Sri Lanka. It is the smallest termite species in Australia
- Amorphoscelisphilippina is a species of praying mantis found in the Philippines List of mantis genera and species Archived copy Archived from the original on June 6
- Cyrtophora parangexanthematica is a species of tent spider found in the Philippines Its scientific name comes from its close resemblance to double - tailed
- belonging to the genus Cyrtotrachelus. It is found in the Philippines Cyrtotrachelus elegans at Biolib Cyrtotrachelus elegans at the Encyclopedia of Life Cyrtotrachelus
- which are nocturnal, feed on the ground on arthropods earthworms, fruit, and seeds. Although equipped with three pairs of mammae, females have been observed
- Insulamon palawanense, or the Palawan purple crab is a species of freshwater crab from the Philippines described in 2012. They are 2.5 5.3 centimetres