ⓘ District Council of Brown's Well

                                     

ⓘ District Council of Browns Well

The District Council of Browns Well was a local government area in South Australia from 1916 to 1997. The name stemmed from the Browns Well pastoral station, which was located near the council seat of Paruna. Meetings were also held on a regular basis in the institute at Alawoona, which was the districts major centre.

It was announced on 16 November 1916 and held its first meeting on December 16. The area was formerly part of the district Council of Loxton. The first Council chamber was a ten by ten shed, and it was reported that there were "no roads and very little chopped down the tracks" and "the population of the whole area is very small."

Permanent Council of the chambers building was opened in may 1929. In 1935 the Board had a total population of 1.100, 85 kilometers of main roads and 409 km of District roads. In 1936, it consisted of hundreds of cadastral Allen, Kekwick and McGorrery, with a land plot with total area of 340.800 hectares, an increase from the initial announcement. The main cities were Paruna, Alawoona, Cobera is now included in Alawoona, Malpas, Meribah, and Veitch. It was divided into six wards: North-East, South-East, North, South, South-West and North-West.

Most of the area was an isolated country Mallee that havent opened in 1930. In 1932, it was reported that Councils road construction works was large enough that there was "no one in the entire area which was unemployed".

The Council ceased to exist on 3 may 1997, when it merged with the district Council Loxton and district Council of Waikerie in the form of the district Council of Loxton Waikerie.

The Browns also tips the former Board was re-opened in the Council offices at Loxton March 2016, after announcing his recovery from a former Browns good counselor.

                                     
  • council was formed on 3 May 1997 as an amalgamation of the District Council of Brown s Well the District Council of Loxton and the District Council of
  • government area of the District Council of Loxton Waikerie. Former Brown s Well District Council chambers Former Brown s Well District area school General
  • with the District Council of Brown s Well and the District Council of Waikerie to form the District Council of Loxton Waikerie. The new council continued
  • population of 4, 700, with 1, 700 in Waikerie itself. The council ceased to exist on 3 May 1997, when it amalgamated with the District Council of Brown s Well and
  • The Council of the District of Columbia is the legislative branch of the local government of the District of Columbia, in the United States. As permitted
  • The District Council of Ceduna is a local government area located on the far west coast of the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The district has a diverse
  • the town s east as well as Pinnaroo. Both councils were renamed in 1919 with the council based in Lameroo becoming the District Council of Lameroo and
  • The District Council of Lefevre s Peninsula was a local government area in South Australia centred on the Lefevre Peninsula from 1872 to 1884. The council
  • The District Council of Wilmington was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Wilmington from 1888 to 1980. The council was
  • These lists include all members of the Council of the District of Columbia since its creation. All members are elected to 4 - year terms except for the
  • District Council of Bute was a local government area in South Australia from 1885 to 1997. It was proclaimed on 16 July 1885 as the District Council of