ⓘ Royal Bolton Hospital

                                     

ⓘ Royal Bolton Hospital

The hospital was established as a fever hospital and built adjacent to the Fishpool Workhouse in 1872.

Block insulation was added in 1893 and a specially built prison known as Townleys hospital was built on the site in 1896. The workhouse houses, which at that time was called the Institute Fishpool, became part of the hospital in 1913.

The hospital was included in the National health service in 1948 and became the hospital of Bolton district in 1951. After the service, Bolton Royal infirmary Bolton was transferred to the district General hospital, in 1996, the last object was the Royal Bolton hospital. The old Institute Fishpool buildings were demolished in 2011.

In December 2014 it was reported that the hospital had a serious backlog of maintenance problems, of £24.6 million, without which it is crashing on the concrete floor under the stands operating urology can give way - with "terrible" consequences. The trust applied for £ 30 million to upgrade their facilities and upgrade information technology in may 2015. Heating and air conditioning has reached the end of life. It was given in September 2015, the loan of £22.5 million and a grant of 7.5 million pounds.