ⓘ Helper Commercial District
The Helper Commercial District is a historic district comprising the center of Helper, Utah. The district is bounded by Janet Street to the north and Locust Street to the south, and by First West Street to the west and the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad yards to the east. It comprises 110 buildings, 98 of which are considered contributing structures. Typical buildings are one to two stories tall in a variety of styles, mostly built in red brick.The district includes a number of modest one-story residences, built by the railroad and mining companies in the manner of a company town. The district represents Helpers development as the commercial center of the local coal-mining industry, and as a railroad service center.
The most significant buildings in the district are the assistant to the city hall and the City recital hall. Another important contribution of the structures include the railroad, the Church and the Catholic Church. Several sites associated with the Japanese, Greek, South Slavic and Northern Italian immigrants to the area. Many of the structures associated with D& RGW, including the train station. In the 1930-ies in the city centre has been extensively modified work forces of progress administration that built a retaining wall and channelized river price, filling in the bed in the area that is now the Northern part of the district.
Assistant commercial district was listed on the national register of historic places July 24, 1979. Assistant post office individually within the district.
- The U.S. Post Office - Helper Main at 45 S. Main in Helper Utah was built in 1938. It has also been known as Helper Main Post Office. It was listed on
- The Winona Commercial Historic District comprises six downtown blocks along 3rd Street in Winona, Minnesota, United States. It comprises 65 contributing
- they stayed in Helper the day before. It was said that Butch Cassidy later came back to Helper for occasional visits. Adjacent to Helper is Spring Glen
- A commercial district or commercial zone is any part of a city or town in which the primary land use is commercial activities shops, offices, theaters
- Commercial areas in a city are areas, districts or neighbourhoods primarily composed of commercial buildings, such as a downtown, central business district
- The Bristol Commercial Historic District is a national historic district in Bristol, Tennessee and Bristol, Virginia. The district encompasses 83 contributing
- The La Crosse Commercial Historic District is located downtown La Crosse, Wisconsin. The district is composed of restaurants including the Freight House
- Salem Downtown State Street Commercial Street Historic District comprises a portion of the central business district of Salem, Oregon, United States
- business district CBD is the commercial and business center of a city. In larger cities, it is often synonymous with the city s financial district Geographically