ⓘ Fossa regia

                                     

ⓘ Fossa regia

Initially, the Fossa regia was used to divide the Berber kingdom of Numidia from the territory of Carthage that was conquered by the Romans in the second century:

"EA quem African appellavimus Upland Pars dividitur in duas, veterem AC formula, discretas fossa Africanum in sequentem Et reges Thenas usque perducta ". stretching in Africa from Thenas near Sfax square Thabarca). Pliny, The Email Address In, 25

Fossa is illegal kanavu "from Thabraca on the North coast of Thaenae in the South-East coast" dug by the Romans after their final conquest of Carthage to the end of the Third Punic war in 146 BC. Designs the main purpose was administrative, not military. It delineated the limits of the newly formed Roman province of Africa, denoting the border between the Roman Republic and its then ally Numidia.

After 46 BC, in the Western part of the fossa vodka served as the border between the province of New Africa, the West, and the province of Africa Vetus in the East. Even after these two provinces were merged into Proconsular Africa in 27 BC, the ditch continued to the end of the year 74 ad under Vespasian.

To the East of fossa Regia there was full Latinization of the local community after Trajan. Under Theodosius that the area was fully romanized with one third of the population of Italian colonists and their descendants, according to the historian Theodor Mommsen. The remaining two-thirds were romanized Berbers, all Christians, and almost all Latin speaking.

At that time, in the fourth century, romanization continued in the area of the fossa between the vodka and the Fossatum Africae. After Augustus, the Roman colonists and descendants made up almost 20% of the population. They were concentrated around Cirta with surrounding confederated cities and around Thamugadi in the region of the Aures, and the remaining 80% was made of Berbers of which have not been fully assimilated only 25% and still speak their indigenous Berber language. Almost all of them professed Christianity and a few even Judaism.

                                     
  • in the area between Fossa Regia and the Fossatum Africae of the Roman limes, where was expanded - further west of the Fossa Regia - the process of Romanization
  • Marburg, Germany Dakar, Senegal Oran, Algeria Safi, Morocco Africa portal Fossa regia Sfax War Cemetery Sufax, a possible etymon of Sfax Transport in Tunisia
  • Africa, administratively speaking. Hadrian s Wall Limes Tripolitanus Fossa Regia This figure depends very much on the way it is measured over the intervals
  • then renamed Tabarka - Ain Draham International Airport. Africa portal Fossa regia Tabarka Rocks Genoese - Tabarka diaspora Calasetta San Pietro Island Carloforte
  •  307 312. Une cite antique de la Dorsale tunisienne, aux confins de la Fossa Regia Aïn Rchine et ses environs in Antiquites Africaines, 15, pp. 231 259
  • Mammals found in this forest include the apex predator fossa Cryptoprocta ferox the fanaloka Fossa fossana northern ring - tailed mongoose and numerous
  • canals, the most important ones of which are known as Burlamacca, Farabola, Fossa dell Abate bordering the municipality of Camaiore and Fosso Le Quindici