ⓘ Ravenscraig Castle, Aberdeenshire

                                     

ⓘ Ravenscraig Castle, Aberdeenshire

Ravenscraig Castle, also known as the Craig of Inverugie, is a ruined 15th-century L-shaped tower-house north-west of Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It is a scheduled ancient monument.

The castle was the seat of the Barony Torthorston, belongs to the family of the Cheynes, and passed to the Keiths in the mid-14th century. The license for the construction of a new castle in 1491 may, with strongholds built on the banks of Ugie and defended ditch.

King James VI of Scotland visited the castle in 1589.