This article is a list of the color palettes for notable computer graphics, terminals and video game console hardware. Only a sample and the palettes name are given here. More specific articles are linked from the name of each palette, for the test charts, samples, simulated images, and further technical details including references. In the past, manufacturers have developed many different display systems in a competitive, non-collaborative basis with a few exceptions, as the VESA consortium, creating many proprietary, non-standard different instances of display hardware. Often, as with ea ...
A colossal statue is one that is more than twice life-size. This is a list of colossal statues and other sculptures that were created, mostly or all carved, and remain in situ. This list includes two colossal stones that were intended to be moved. However, they were never broken free of the quarry in which they were carved, and therefore they would be considered carved in situ. Most of these were carved in ancient times. In most cases, especially in India, the sculptures were carved out of "soft" rock like sandstone or volcanic tuff. However, in some cases they were carved out of harder ro ...
Many works of art are claimed to have been designed using the golden ratio. However, many of these claims are disputed, or refuted by measurement. The golden ratio, an irrational number, is approximately 1.618; it is often denoted by the Greek letter φ phi.
Hiberno-Saxon manuscripts are those manuscripts made in the British Isles from about 500 CE to about 900 CE in England, but later in Ireland and elsewhere, or those manuscripts made on the continent in scriptoria founded by Hiberno-Scottish or Anglo-Saxon missionaries and which are stylistically similar to the manuscripts produced in the British Isles. It is almost impossible to separate Anglo-Saxon, Irish, Scottish and Welsh art at this period, especially in manuscripts; this art is therefore called Insular art. See specifically Insular illumination and also Insular script. For English ma ...
This is a list of the highest known prices paid for paintings. The current record price is approximately US0 million paid for Leonardo da Vincis Salvator Mundi in November 2017.
This is a list of the 25 highest prices paid for photographs. All prices include the buyers premium, which is the auction house fee for handling the work.
Alberto Giacomettis LHomme au doigt was auctioned for $141.3m at Christies in May 2015, the highest price for any sculpture at auction. Giacomettis LHomme qui marche I had previously achieved the highest price of any sculpture when it was auctioned by Sothebys in February 2010. Selling for US$104.3 million, it ranks amongst the most valuable works of art. In 2005, Constantin Brancușis Bird in Space broke records when it sold for $27.5 million. The previous world record was another work by Brancuși called Danaide, which was sold for $18.1 million in May 2002. The 2005 record stood for two y ...
This is a list of the most famous statues worldwide, past and present that already have articles about them in Wikipedia or are referred to or pictured in other articles.
The catalogue raisonne by Franca Zava Boccazzi of the paintings of Giambattista Pittoni lists 247 extant and 117 lost, missing or destroyed works. The catalogue raisonne by Alice Binion of his drawings includes 304 items.: 91 Some of his works are listed below.
ⓘ Lists of visual art topics
- following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to the visual arts: Visual arts class of art forms, including painting, sculpture, photography
- colors history List of fictional colors List of international auto racing colours List of RAL colors List of U.S. state colors Lists of colors topics
- index to multiple lists on a topic Some of the linked articles are themselves lists of lists of lists This article is also a list of lists and also a list
- but the purity of the discipline according to traditional Western European canons. One of the visual arts visual arts is a class of art forms, including
- Transgressive art Tonalism Ukiyo - e Underground comix Unilalianism Vancouver School Vanitas Verdadism Video art Visual Art Viennese Actionism Vorticism Art periods
- focus on the creation of works which are primarily visual in nature. Fine art in Western European academic traditions, fine art is art developed primarily
- and reception of mass media. Histories and analyses of representations from many cultures are part of Visual Anthropology: research topics include sandpaintings
- Conservation and restoration of photographs Visual anthropology Vernacular photography Selfie Documentary photography Life magazine List of photojournalists Narrative
- London Borough of Bexley. Retrieved 4 October 2012. Media related to Sculptures in the London Borough of Bexley at Wikimedia Commons Lists portal London
- Retrieved 3 November 2019. Media related to Sculptures in the London Borough of Havering at Wikimedia Commons Lists portal London portal Visual arts portal
- at the Wayback Machine Media related to Sculptures in the London Borough of Croydon at Wikimedia Commons Lists portal London portal Visual arts portal