Light art or luminism is an applied art form in which light is the main medium of expression. It is an art form in which either a sculpture produces light, or light is used to create a "sculpture" through the manipulation of light, colours, and shadows. These sculptures can be temporary or permanent, and can exist in two distinctive spaces: indoor galleries, such as museum exhibits, or outdoors at events like festivals. Light art can be an interaction of light within an architectural space. Light artists are those that devote all their creative experimentation to light art, some artists ex ...
The Bay Lights is a site-specific monumental light sculpture and generative art installation on the western span of the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge, designed to commemorate the 75th anniversary of its opening. The installation by light artist Leo Villareal includes 25.000 individual white LEDs along 1.8 miles of the cables on the north side of the suspension span of the bridge between Yerba Buena Island and San Francisco. The installation is controlled via a computer and displays changing patterns that are not meant to repeat. The opening ceremony was held on March 5, 2013. Initially ...
A drone display is the use of multiple unmanned aerial vehicles, often quadcopters, flying in a coordinated fashion for public display. They are usually equipped with LEDs, and the display held at night. The first Drone Display was presented in 2012 in Linz/Austria, where the Ars Electronica Futurelab introduced Spaxels for the first time. The displays may be for entertainment, where the drones may use flocking or swarming behaviour. The drones may also be coordinated to produce images. Using this emerging technology, displays have been employed for advertising purposes as well. Intel has ...
The Field of Light is a large-scale site-specific light-based installation created by British artist Bruce Munro. The sculpture slowly changes colour, creating a shimmering field of light. Field of Light was originally conceived in 1992, when Munro took a farewell road trip through central Australia with his fiancee now wife, prior to their return to England, camping at Uluru/Ayers Rock. To Munro, the red desert had an incredible feeling of energy, ideas seemed to radiate from it along with the heat. "There was a charge in the air that gave me a very immediate feeling which I didn’t fully ...
The Glass Elephant is a landmark in Hamm, Germany. The former coal-washing building in the Maximilian colliery was reconstructed as a walk-in sculpture by the artist and architect Horst Rellecke for Hamms horticultural show in 1984. The "head" of the Elephant houses a palm garden as well as Relleckes kinetic art pieces. The lift to the palm garten can be found in the Elephants glass trunk, while a staircase is located at its "rear". At a height of 29 m, the Elephant opens up to a panorama of the Maximilian park, the city of Hamm, and its surroundings. In 2009, for North Rhine-Westphalia da ...
i Light Marina Bay is a sustainable light art festival held in the Marina Bay, Singapore. The festival is organised and presented by the Urban Redevelopment Authority. i Light Marina Bay was first held in 2010 and the festival was officiated by Singapores Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean on 15 October 2010. Following its success, a second edition was held in 2012 and a third edition was held in 2014. The 2016 festival, themed "In Praise of Shadows" named after an essay by Junichiro Tanizaki, takes place from 4 to 27 March. The event now takes place annually. The i’ ...
ⓘ Light art
- Light art or luminism is an applied art form in which light is the main medium of expression. It is an art form in which either a sculpture produces light
- Light painting, painting with light light drawing, or light art performance photography are terms that describe photographic techniques of moving a light
- Light is a 1992 documentary film directed by Arnold Glassman, Todd McCarthy and Stuart Samuels. The film is also known as Visions of Light The Art of
- The Light Art Biennale Austria 2010 in German: Biennale fur Lichtkunst Austria 2010 is the first biennale for light art in Austria. About 60 artists
- LED art is a form of light art constructed from light - emitting diodes. LEDs light emitting diodes are very inexpensive to purchase and have become a
- The Centre for International Light Art CILA, German: Zentrum fur Internationale Lichtkunst is an art museum in Unna, Germany. It is the world s only
- The Tribute in Light is an art installation of 88 searchlights placed six blocks south of the World Trade Center on top of the Battery Parking Garage
- Lumia is a form of art that uses light originally associated with music but was later associated with painting. The term was coined by a twentieth - century
- January 2017. Highland Light Harvard Art Museums. Harvard University. Retrieved 9 January 2017. Media related to Highland Light at Wikimedia Commons Historic
- Liquid Light Artefact is a printed still of a liquid light show. Lquid Light Art is a subgenre of psychedelic art Technique Like Liquid Light Shows