ⓘ Truro Parish, Virginia

                                     

ⓘ Truro Parish, Virginia

Truro Parish was the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Anglican church in colonial Virginia with jurisdiction originally over all of Fairfax County. The parish had its central church at the Truro Church and the parish was named for the parish in Truro in Cornwall. The parish was created on November 1, 1732 from Hamilton Parish. It was divided twice: in 1748, Cameron Parish was formed and in 1764 Fairfax Parish was created. After 1765, Truro Parish covered southern Fairfax County until disestablishment ended the parish system by 1786.

                                     
  • Christianity portal Truro Anglican Church is an Anglican church in Fairfax, Virginia USA. There was no official Episcopal Church in the City of Fairfax
  • Falls Church. The parish was created in 1764 from Truro Parish The Anglican church was the established religion of the Colony of Virginia from 1619 - 1776
  • States Truro Township, Knox County, Illinois Truro Iowa Truro Massachusetts Truro Township, Franklin County, Ohio Truro Parish Virginia Truro Church
  • Council. Cameron Parish was created by the General Assembly of Virginia in 1748 when Truro Parish was divided along Difficult Run. It included what is, at present
  • served Truro Parish which had been established by the colonial Virginia Assembly in May 1732 for the land north of the Occoquan River Truro s first
  • Washington. University of Virginia Press. pp. 85 ISBN 978 - 0 - 8139 - 2763 - 3. Hand Book of Pohick Church, Truro Parish Fairfax County, Virginia The Church. Pohick
  • to be the new rector of Truro Church in Fairfax, Virginia Truro Church is an Anglican Parish with roots in Colonial Virginia as well as a founding member
  • church were established at the spring. When Cameron Parish was established from the Truro Parish its glebe was established just northwest of the spring
  • Diocese of Virginia within Episcopal church in Oak Hill, Virginia The church was established in 1985 as a mission church by members of Truro Episcopal