Bardistopus is a genus of hoverflies containing one species, Bardistopus papuanum. The original description erroneously stated the species was based on two female specimens, they are in fact both males.
The dark-eyed white-eye is a species of bird in the Zosteropidae family. It is found in the Solomon Islands. Its natural habitat is subtropical or tropical moist lowland forest. Z. T. paradoxical is found only on Rendova and Z. T. tetiparius only on the Islands of tetepare. The subspecies has never been recorded away from their home Islands which lie just 3.4 km apart.
Graphium hicetaon is a butterfly found in the Solomon Islands - Bougainville Island, Choiseul Island, Shortland Island, Florida Island, Guadalcanal, New Georgia Group and Ugi Island - that belongs to the swallowtail family.
Phyllocnistis argentella is a moth of the family Gracillariidae, known from Rennell Island in the Solomon Islands. It was described by J.D. Bradley in 1957, originally under the genus Opostega.
Piletocera denticostalis is a moth in the family Crambidae. It was described by George Hampson in 1907. It is found on Ghizo Island in the Solomon Islands.
Piletocera infernalis is a moth in the family Crambidae. It was described by George Hampson in 1907. It is found on the Solomon Islands, where it has been recorded from Kulambangra Island.
Piletocera scotochroa is a moth in the family Crambidae. It was described by George Hampson in 1917. It is found on Ghizo Island in the Solomon Islands.
ⓘ Endemic fauna of the Solomon Islands
- It is the only known member of the genus Rigidipenna. It is endemic to the islands of Isabel, Bougainville and Guadalcanal in the Solomon Islands At first
- Georgia Islands in the Solomon Islands It is also known as Zosterops rendovae but this name properly refers to the grey - throated white - eye. The species
- arboreal species of skink endemic to the Solomon Islands archipelago. It is the largest known extant species of skink. The Solomon Islands skink is completely
- The Solomons flying fox Pteropus rayneri is a species of flying fox in the family Pteropodidae. It is endemic to the Solomon Islands archipelago. The
- The Solomons mastiff bat Chaerephon solomonis is a species of bat in the family Molossidae. It is endemic to the Solomon Islands It was described as
- The Solomon s naked - backed fruit bat Dobsonia inermis is a species of megabat in the family Pteropodidae. It is endemic to the Solomon Islands Lavery
- of Choiseul in the Solomon Islands although there are unsubstantiated reports that it may once have lived on several nearby islands The last confirmed
- The Solomons white ibis or Solomon Islands white ibis Threskiornis molucca pygmaeus known locally as the tagoa, is a distinct, dwarf subspecies of
- The yellow - bibbed lory Lorius chlorocercus is a species of parrot in the family Psittaculidae. It is endemic to the southern Solomon Islands The yellow - bibbed
- The Makira roundleaf bat Hipposideros demissus is a species of bat in the family Hipposideridae endemic to the Solomon Islands The Makira roundleaf
- The Roviana rail Gallirallus rovianae is a species of bird in the family Rallidae. It is endemic to the Western Province Solomon Islands Its natural