ⓘ Rancho Estelle

                                     

ⓘ Rancho Estelle

Rancho Estelle was the home of James Sublett, one of the first large-scale farmers in the Rio Grande valley of Texas, within what is now Big Bend National Park. Prior to founding the ranch, Sublett and his partner, Clyde Buttrill, farmed the bottomlands along the river in the area of what is now known as Castolon or La Harmonia, downstream from the later ranch. After the partnership with Buttrill broke up, Sublett bought four sections of land, initially calling it Grand Canyon Farms, and later Rancho Estelle.

Most of the existing structures are in ruins. The chief structures include the Sublett farm house, one-storey Adobe house with a cane and Viga roof and veranda at the front. The house consists of two rooms separated by a hallway. Other structures include a small house for the farm workers, similar to the Sublett house, one meeting room Adobe shed and a stone house farm workers, with two apartments and a room to relax in. The most substantial structure of the Dorgan residence, 1.200 square feet of 110 m 2 Adobe and stone house of one story for Subletts son-in-law. The interior of the apartment consists of a spacious living room and three small rooms. Fireplace supports the roof, made of petrified wood.

Rancho Estelle was placed on the national register of historic places on September 3, 1974.

                                     
  • first large - scale farmers in the Rio Grande valley of Texas, owner of Rancho Estelle Jesse Sublett born 1954 American author and musician John William
  • Cuyamaca Rancho State Park is a state park in California, United States, located 40 miles 64 km east of San Diego in the Cuyamaca and Laguna Mountains
  • Rancho Petaluma Adobe is a historic ranch house in Sonoma County, California. It was built from adobe bricks in 1836 by order of Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo
  • Library was constructed. A notable librarian during this period was Clara Estelle Breed 1906 1994 who served as children s librarian at the downtown branch
  • his rancho to James Scott and John Wilson who also bought the adjacent Rancho Pecho y Islay in the Irish Hills to the south of their Los Osos rancho and
  • Petaluma River and San Pablo Bay. In 1977 the State of California purchased Rancho Olompali and made it into a state historic park. The foundations of two
  • Historic Park is a state park unit of California, preserving buildings of Rancho Los Encinos. The park is located near the corner of Balboa and Ventura Boulevards
  • 12, 1939. Juan Camarillo, Jr. donated 100 acres 40 ha of land from his Rancho Calleguas on March 3, 1927 with the specific desire to have the land used
  • The Rancho San Andres Castro Adobe is a historic house in California. The house was built in 1848 1849 by Juan Jose Castro. His father Jose Joaquin Castro
  • called ranchos Wilder Ranch was part of Rancho Refugio, a Mexican land grant of 1839. Historic buildings include part of the adobe rancho house built
  • Situated at the mouth of the Big Sur River, the property was part of the Rancho El Sur land grant, and later owned by Californio pioneer John Bautista Rogers