ⓘ Mullaitivu Hospital
Mullaitivu Hospital is a government hospital in Mullaitivu, Sri Lanka. It is the leading hospital in Mullaitivu District and is controlled by the provincial government in Jaffna. As of 2010 it had 256 beds. The hospital is sometimes called Mullaitivu District General Hospital or Mullaitivu District Hospital.
This hospital has a troubled past. When it was very crowded, according to information from the parliamentary debate in 1961.
When the 26 December 2004 tsunami hit the region, this hospital was 30 beds. The hospital was 2 km 1.2 miles from the coast and is completely surrounded by water for some time. After the tsunami struck, several nurses and staff lost their homes and were forced to sleep in the hospital wards or in tents at some distance from the hospital. The red cross has helped to repair a hospital and provided tents to serve as temporary housing for hospital staff. The tents were installed adjacent to the hospital.
The hospital suffered further damage during the Civil war of Sri Lanka. December 15, 19 and 20, 2008, the shelling of Sri Lanka artillery was in the hospital and the hospital. Were wounded two patients and two employees and some damage to the hospital and medical equipment and as a result. In January 2009, on three separate days in hospital and its territory were fired and five people were killed and twenty eight were wounded.
The Indian government in 2012, provided LKR 89 million dollars 700.000 worth of equipment for the hospital district Mullaitivu. The new 150-bed hospital, apparently, replacing the old building, was opened by Indian initiative. Adjacent to this hospital, India began the construction of another 100-bed hospital.
- General Hospital Kilinochchi District Mannar Base Hospital Mannar District Mullaitivu District Hospital Mullaitivu District Vavuniya General Hospital Vavuniya
- The Battle of Mullaitivu was a land battle fought between the Sri Lankan Military and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam LTTE for the control of the
- following a suspected heart attack. He was taken to Mullaitivu Hospital Mancholai Base Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival. NPC Deputy Leader
- Mullaitivu District Tamil: ம ல ல த த வ ம வட டம Mullaittīvu Māvattam Sinhala: ම ලත ව ද ස ත ර ක කය is one of the 25 districts of Sri Lanka, the second
- council election as one of the Tamil National Alliance s candidates in Mullaitivu District and was elected to the Northern Provincial Council. After the
- shelling hospitals in the Safe Zone indiscriminately with artillery and attacking them aerially beginning with the Mullaitivu General Hospital in December
- Old Colombo Dutch Hospital Reformed Church Star fort Reformed Church Mullaitivu fort Wolvendaal Church St. Lucia s Cathedral Fort Ostenburg Tangalle Fort
- This is a list of Archaeological Protected Monuments in Mullaitivu District, Sri Lanka. Protercted Monument List 2012 - 12 - 12 In Sinhala PDF Department
- IDP Information Safe Area Declared by the Government of Sri Lanka in Mullaitivu UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. 3 March 2009
- A35 Paranthan - Mullaitivu highway. The village is one of nine in the Ananthapuram GN Division Village Officer Division Eastern Mullaitivu District including
- Sri Lanka. The district covers the administrative districts of Mannar, Mullaitivu and Vavuniya in the Northern province. The district currently elects 6
- IDP Information Safe Area Declared by the Government of Sri Lanka in Mullaitivu UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs. 8 April 2009