Sumatra is one of the richest islands in Indonesia for animals. Its bird total species is second only to New Guinea. This great wealth is due to the large size of Sumatra, its diversity of habitat and also its past link with the Asian mainland. This following list of birds is based on the taxonomic treatment and scientific nomenclature of The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World, 6th edition.
As of June 2019 it contains four species, found in Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, and Queensland: Copocrossa politiventris Simon, 1901 – Malaysia. Copocrossa tenuilineata Simon, 1900 type – Australia Queensland. Copocrossa albozonata Caporiacco, 1949 – Kenya. Copocrossa harpina Simon, 1903 – Indonesia Sumatra.
Jerzego alboguttata is a spider species of the Salticidae family. The species is only known from one immature female described in 1903 by Eugene Simon.
The following is a list of amphibians of Sumatra, Indonesia from Kurniati and Teynie. Many of the species can be found in Kerinci Seblat National Park and Gunung Leuser National Park.
This is a list of freshwater fish species found in Sumatra, Indonesia. The listing below is based on the taxonomic treatment of Joseph S. Nelsons Fishes of the World, 5th edition.
Note: Occurrence of fishing cat in Sumatra still considered unknown caused by lack of recent records from Sumatra. Survey based on objectively verifiable record urgently needed for this species. Note: its current status and species presence on Sumatra is still unclear. Only a few published reports of the species exist in North Sumatra, and none of them came from South Sumatra. Further verification and confirmation.
ⓘ Fauna of Sumatra
- Sumatra is one of the Sunda Islands of western Indonesia. It is the largest island that is entirely governed by Indonesia and the sixth - largest island
- The Sumatra toad, Duttaphrynus sumatranus, is a species of toad endemic to Sumatra Indonesia, and only known from Lubuk Selasi. It has been found along
- known as the Sumatra short - eared rabbit or Sumatran rabbit, is a rabbit found only in forests in the Barisan Mountains in western Sumatra Indonesia and
- West Sumatra Indonesian: Sumatera Barat is a province of Indonesia. Located on the west coast of the island of Sumatra the province had a 2019 estimated
- Passeriformes Family: Estrildidae Fauna of Indonesia Whitten, Anthony Damanik, Sengli 2000 The Ecology of Sumatra Singapore: Periplus Editions HK
- Sumatran wild dog is a subspecies of dhole native to the Indonesian islands of Sumatra As of 2005, the origin of the Sumatran dhole is unclear, as it
- sumatrana is a red - toothed shrew found only in the Padang highlands of western Sumatra Indonesia. Its natural habitats are streams in montane forests. The
- tapanuliensis is a species of orangutan restricted to South Tapanuli in the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. It is one of three known species of orangutan, alongside
- The following is a list of amphibians of Sumatra Indonesia from Kurniati 2007 and Teynie 2010 Many of the species can be found in Kerinci Seblat
- a list of mammal species found in the Sumatra Indonesia. Note: Occurrence of fishing cat in Sumatra still considered unknown caused by lack of recent
- list of freshwater fish species found in Sumatra Indonesia. The listing below is based on the taxonomic treatment of Joseph S. Nelson s Fishes of the