ⓘ Convent of São Gonçalo (Angra do Heroísmo)

                                     

ⓘ Convent of São Gonçalo (Angra do Heroismo)

The Convent of São Gonçalo is a Baroque-era convent and church in the historical centre of the city of Angra, civil parish of Se, municipality of Angra do Heroismo on the Portuguese island of Terceira, in the Azores.

He is one of the oldest convents in the archipelago, historically housing hundreds of Clarisse sisters, and having a reputation for education and fine arts in the Azores, which included lessons in music, choral, Design, Painting and Humanities.

                                     
  • Gonçalo Channel São Gonçalo River São Gonçalo Funchal Madeira Convent of São Gonçalo Angra do Heroismo Terceira, Azores Igreja de São Gonçalo
  • 1907 Quadros açoricos in Portuguese Angra do Heroismo Azores Portugal Angra do Heroismo Janela do Atlantico entre a Europa e o Novo Mundo in
  • Angra do Heroismo on the island of Terceira, Portuguese archipelago of the Azores. The anchorage is the oldest wharf in Angra do Heroismo established
  • The Convent of São Francisco, originally designated the Convent of Nossa Senhora da Vitoria which pertained to the Order of Saint Francis located in
  • of the Church are the coastal ruins of a 16th - century fort situated in the civil parishof São Mateus da Calheta, municipality of Angra do Heroismo
  • de Angra in Portuguese Angra do Heroismo Azores Portugal: Museum of Angra do Heroismo Sousa, Antonio Caetano de, Catalogo dos bispos de Angra
  • parish of Vila de São Sebastião, in the municipality of Angra do Heroismo on the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores. The Fort of Greta was a fortification
  • LI - LII, Angra do Heroismo Azores Portugal Ribeiro, Jose Rodrigues 1979 Dicionario Corografico dos Açores in Portuguese Angra do Heroismo Azores
  • club, located in the municipality of Angra do Heroismo on the island of Terceira, in the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores. The S.C. Angrense soccer
  • Wharf of Silveira Portuguese: Cais da Silveira is situated in the Bay of Fanal, in the civil parish of São Pedro, in the municipality of Angra do Heroismo
  • Caminho Velho. It was friar Gonçalo de São Jose that motivated the construction of the chapel, arriving from the Convent of São Francisco between 1668 1669