ⓘ Priory of All Hallows

                                     

ⓘ Priory of All Hallows

All Hallows was founded in 1166 by Diarmait Mac Murchada shortly before his deposition as by King of Leinster. It was situated east of the walled city in an area known as "Hoggin Green" or "Hogges Green" or "Le Hogges". It was an Araosian Augustinian foundation, with canons regular. The priory was one of the most important, and over time became one of the wealthiest, religious establishments in the vicinity of Dublin, along with the Priory of St John the Baptist Thomas Street, the Priory of the Holy Trinity and St. Marys Abbey, Dublin as well as the more remote foundations such as Grace Dieu Abbey.

Archbishop Loftus asked the mayor to provide All of the Holy lands, then generating a rent of only 20 pounds a year for the city, for use in College and when it was done, he hired Henry usher to turn to Elizabeth for a Charter of the College and licenses on the land, which was granted in December 1591. This new Foundation became Trinity College, Dublin, of which Archbishop Loftus became the first Provost.

                                     
  • All Hallows may refer to: All Saints Day, a Christian feast day All Hallows Bow All Hallows - by - the - Tower All Hallows Honey Lane destroyed 1666 All
  • 0855 W 51.5122 - 0.0855 All Hallows Lombard Street also seen with descriptor Gracechurch Street was a parish church in the City of London. It stood behind
  • All Hallows Twickenham is a Grade I listed church and parish of the Church of England in Twickenham, London. It has the tower of All Hallows Lombard Street
  • All Hallows Church, Great Mitton, is in the village of Great Mitton, Lancashire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Whalley
  • building of the Lord Protector s house in the Strand. Other stone from the Priory was used to construct the porch of the church of All Hallows Lombard
  • surrendered 19 July Priory of All Hallows Dublin. July 11 Galway is visited by Lord Deputy of Ireland, Leonard Grey. This is the first visit of a King s Deputy
  • Lord of Parham. By 1291 the Priory had possession of thirty two Norfolk parishes and held an annual three - day All Hallows fair at Hacheston in Suffolk
  • Michael s CE Primary School Wood Green St Paul s and All Hallows CE Infant School St Paul s and All Hallows CE Junior School St Paul s RC Primary School St
  • Ditton was in the patronage of Merton Priory and that the next rector of All Hallows was Thomas Paynell, the editor of Benese s book, suggesting that
  • later sold it to the Whorwood family of Compton Hallows near Kinver. During the 16th century some of the priory buildings were renovated to create a
  • originally belonged to the Priory of Holy Trinity. By 1430, the emoluments had become so small that it was united with All Hallows - on - the - Wall and in 1442
  • Priory was a priory in Lincolnshire, England, located in the medieval hamlet of Sempringham, to the northwest of Pointon. Today, all that remains of the
  • Grange of Baldoyle lands, now in Donaghmede, in the townland of Baldoyle, at the northern edge of Dublin, Ireland. The Priory of All Hallows or All Saints