ⓘ Lonicera canadensis

                                     

ⓘ Lonicera canadensis

Lonicera canadensis is a flowering deciduous, perennial, phanerophytic shrub which is monoclinous and grows 1–2 m tall. It is the only member of its genus with hairless leaf structures. It typically flowers from the last week of April until the third or fourth week of May. Fruit appears approximately the first week of June until the first week of August. The fruit is feed upon by a variety of avian frugivores including the Robin and Cardinal.

  • Stems: The main stems are light brown round, fibrous or furrowed bark not exfoliating, ascending or erect. The branches grow ascending or horizontal.
  • Distribution: Native to northeastern North America.
  • Habitat: Dry to moist upland woods, occasionally found in coniferous swamps and growing along streams.

USA - Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana?, KU?, MASSACHUSETTS, MARYLAND, MAINE, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, NORTH CAROLINA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, TENNESSEE, VIRGINIA, VERMONT, WISCONSIN, WEST VIRGINIA

Canada - new Brunswick, N, On, PE, QC

  • Rarity Status Global Conservation Status Rank (Раритет Статус Глобального Природоохранного Статуса Ранг) - G5.

And under the threat of extinction information: please canadian Bartram ex Marsh.

This plant is in the list of the US Federal government or the state. Common names are from state and Federal lists. Click on the name to get a complete protected plant list for that location.

  • Maryland: Canada honeysuckle, Endangered.
  • Indiana: American fly-honeysuckle, Extirpated.
  • New Jersey: American fly-honeysuckle, Endangered.
  • Tennessee: American fly-honeysuckle, Special Concern.

Status wetland indicator: FACU facultative upland usually occurs in wetlands is estimated at 67% -99%, but occasionally found on wetlands estimated probability 1% -33%.

                                     
  • refer to: Lonicera canadensis - American fly honeysuckle Lonicera oblongifolia Swamp fly honeysuckle Lonicera utahensis - fly honeysuckle Lonicera villosa
  • calvescens Lonicera canadensis Canadian fly honeysuckle Lonicera caprifolium goat - leaf honeysuckle, perfoliate honeysuckle Lonicera carnosifolis Lonicera cerviculata
  • Gaylussacia baccata Huckleberry Taxus canadensis Canadian yew Lonicera canadensis American fly honeysuckle Lonicera oblongifolia Swamp fly honeysuckle Vaccinium
  • honeysuckle Diervilla lonicera Fly honeysuckle Lonicera canadensis Grape honeysuckle Lonicera reticulata Hairy honeysuckle Lonicera hirsuta Mountain
  • canadensis Cercocarpus ledifolius, Crataegus oxyacantha, Forsythia intermedia, Fraxinus pennsylvanica, Juglans nigra, Kolkwitzia amabilis, Lonicera tatarica
  • I Lonicera bella I Lonicera canadensis N Lonicera dioica N Lonicera flava N Lonicera fragrantissima I Lonicera japonica I Lonicera minutiflora
  • moistened leaves of Abies balsamea, Tsuga canadensis Pseudotsuga menziesii, Hamamelis virginiana and Lonicera morrowii. They are mottled in brown, red
  • Celtis occidentalis Celtis tenuifolia Cephalanthus occidentalis Cercis canadensis Cercis chinensis Chamaecyparis thyoides Chionanthus retusus Chionanthus
  • acicularis, Viburnum edule, Shepherdia canadensis Salix bebbiana, and Alnus viridis, with Ribes triste and Lonicera involucrata on wet sites, and Ledum
  • John s wort Ilex, holly Juglans, walnut Larix, Larch Lindera, spice bush Lonicera honeysuckle Lythrum salicaria, purple loosestrife Malus, apple Philadelphus